1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid 76561198013689765 (Basty >Buying Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by GIR_, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37709489
    Victim:
    steamID: GIR
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:37709489
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035684707
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/_GIR_
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198035684707

scammer:
    steamID: Basty >Buying Games
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:26712018
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013689765
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BastyzU
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198013689765
    [​IMG]
    (can send the image without the blur on the CD-KEY to admin)
    got an offer to trade bioshock 1 for Orcs must die GOTY. has seen in his rep that he has successfully traded before.http://www.steamtrades.com/user/Basty. checked on steam rep and didnt see any problems with his profile.
    after sending the cd key - he activated it - you can see the game now appears on his games list. Then he did not respond ,went offline and removed me from his friends list.
    He has also deleted his offer from my request thread http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/lMytj/hbioshock1-w-offers
    I have also sent an e-mail to steamtrades.com support, hopefully they will be able to confirm the deleted offer\message and the scam
    It is possible he has established some rep with gift trades so he can scam with key trades - which are usually not reported/investigated. were there any previous complaints about him that were not investigated or mentioned on steam rep?

transcript:
    Code:
    Basty >Buying Games: mmh yes?
    me: you replied to my message in steam trades. do you still want a bioshock 1 key for orcs must dies goty?
    Basty >Buying Games: yes its ok, but u go first mate
    me: CD-KEY
    me: your turn
    me: well?
    me: why did you delete the offer in steamtrade?
    me: please respond or i will have to report you as a scammer...
    Basty >Buying Games is now Offline.

2. Basty >Buying Games

Basty >Buying Games New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26712018
    AHAHAHA Nice kid. this work for "make me a scammer?" god.. Nice one. @My profile, and talk with people go first and give me a key for real. Goodbye and have fan.

YES IM A SCAMMER AHAHAH . . .
  3. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43266356
    In interest to the truth and justice i make a counter claim.
    GIR must be warned that accusations without actual proofs are a smear campaign to harm the integrity of another person.
    So just close this thread because there is no real information in it and tell this kid that he should learn how to report, thank you.

Demonstration:

Scammer:
    steamID: GIR
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:37709489
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035684707
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/_GIR_
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198035684707

Victim:
    steamID: Myself

[​IMG]

Code:
    GIR: mmh yes?
    me: you replied to my message in steam trades. do you still want a bioshock 1 key for orcs must dies goty?
    GIR: yes its ok, but u go first mate
    me: CD-KEY
    me: your turn
    me: well?
    me: why did you delete the offer in steamtrade?
    me: please respond or i will have to report you as a scammer...
    GIR is now Offline.
  4. SMOKABLES

SMOKABLES New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45215202
    I do believe that GIR knows how to report and there is real information in here. That guy (basty) ran away with his bioshock I Cd key without giving the items promised. Its clear.
  5. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    Code:
    I do believe that GIR knows how to report and there is real information in here. That guy (basty) ran away with his bioshock I Cd key without giving the items promised. Its clear. 
    Do you provide me with a picture of intel which proofs that ?

I only see a censored cd-key and no actual proof that the guy called basty has it. Where is the proof of that?

I could call my next friend a game scammer and say he just stole his newest game additions, i dont even see where the proof is listed that he aquired that game a day ago or in this period of time. It is only this chat message and nothing steam provided....
  6. SMOKABLES

SMOKABLES New User

Steam:
    Excuse me sir, but who are you to make a judgement on a case? Are you an admin sir? I hope not. I hope you know that nothing gets accomplished by saying "tell this kid to learn how to report" and "I say to just go ahead and close this thread", rather then help a case along so eventually an admin does look at it. And yet here you are. using deconstructive criticism and supplying no help. Besides, basty even admitted to scamming him. He took the Cd code He has it, you don't trade a cd key, you just write it out, so of course he had it. But I do agree that GIR should show the Cd key to help is case.
  7. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    I think to many people get reported because of some kids which are pissed at other (ex)-friends. Sooooo many weird reports lately.
    So based on facts i just wrote this, because there is still a very high chance that this guy is innocent, because the "proof" listed here is actual 0% specific, accurate, and foolproof.
  8. SMOKABLES

SMOKABLES New User

Steam:
  9. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    You see my "Demonstration:" in my post, the story after that is pure fiction, and your digging only supports my theory that this is a ban attempt for something the guy above didnt do, so could we remove this thread, thank you.
  10. SMOKABLES

SMOKABLES New User

Steam:
    No its not just that simple really, there is a large possibility this is not a false report. Also whether you think threads should be removed is not up to your discretion, so stop that s✿✿✿.
  11. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    the claim is done by a person with one friend and a cd-key which maybe exist and was redeemed long ago and you cant proof which person the key belonged to.
    But to trust a person with only one tiny friend is more likely than trusting a person with many friends and a long history...yeah sounds perfectly fair,
    Let's ban him because your belly or your bones tell you he is totally guilty...

Is this a system which relies on facts, or on magic?

If it is based on facts: There arent any informations provided by the guy which wants help. (f.e. trade history)

If it is based on magic: Maybe he should be banned because his steam id (STEAM_0:1:26712018) looks evil maybe he should also be drown to prevent him from being possesed by evil spirits...
  12. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    I can prove it by providing the CD KEY to an admin. if i posted the CD KEY here he would have claimed somebody from this forum used it when he saw the report.(or that he used it when he saw the report - and that there was no deal at all)
    I am sure steam support/admins can see which key was used to activate his copy of bioshock and if requested, i can provide proof from amazon that that key belongs to me
    I did not request a ban, I requst a invistigation so future traders will not lose their stuff to this scammer, and i think i have enough proof...
    So what i am asking, let an admin be the judge of this case, not the scammer.
  13. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    That means nothing.
  14. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    Ironic post by Basty *heh*

Also @GIR_ steam support dont do anything without a proof of purchase (bill) and a hard copy of the game if possible. So doo that and talk with steam support. If they tell you it is okay, fine. But it is now only bs, crying, no information or proof, and your atm not a good source because i suggest alt acc and hate.
  15. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    So you are suggesting that to ban him (and he isn't even from my country) i opened a new alt account, bought 76 games worth ~1K$ (http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/_GIR_) and decided to make up a story about being cheated out of a cd key of a 5 year old game that's worth ~5$? right...
    This isn't an alt account. This is the only steam account i have.
    I dont care about the game, i dont think i will get anything back from this.
    I just want people to know what he did, and be careful when/if trading with him in the future.
    I dont know how exactly this site works, but a warning in his steamrep profile would be enough - you don't have to ban him. A link to this thread would be great - so anyone trading with him can read it and decide for himself who he wants to believe.
    And thank you for your suggestion to contact steam support, I will do that.
  16. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    Yeah and you have no friends, which is just a teeny tiny bit weird ;)

I just dont see any benefit for anyone in this report. You should at least both be marked at butthurt or no one, just my personal opinion because this story is as clear as a foggy night...
  17. tastified

tastified New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44523922
    @Real You are the worst member I have ever seen. All you do is insult people. No, literally, you have not helped this guy or his post at all. Hopefully you will eventually be banned from here for just being, well useless. (I realise this post isn't helping but it's called for)
  18. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    I point out that people which are innocent could be hurt in there reputation because of a person with a story with no proof, which he could have provided a long time ago...

But if this is a witch hunt and all other opinions are left out no wonder that many innocent people are hurt...
  19. Shante

Shante New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29356695
    This is seriously interesting.
    Some information is missing which makes it a bit difficult to tell if Basty >Buying Games is a scammer. I’m not on anyone’s side but just thinking.

I can’t tell what language that is in the chat box screenshot but it shows 10 and 2012 at 23:34 of when the date and time of conversation took place. So I assume 10th September 2012 is when the scam took place. Now we have a timeframe.

Fact, Basty >Buying Games does have Bioshock 1 in his steam game list. But Basty could have bought Bioshock 1 from anywhere and anytime, and only Basty has information of all his purchased/trading/redeeming games on his account because Steam keeps logs of when any game is obtain in an account.

Let’s find out the timeframe of when exactly Bioshock 1 was purchased/traded/redeem on Basty >Buying Games account then we would have an answer.

Scamming took place 10th September 2012 remember the chatbox screenshot ok.

1. If Basty was to go in “View Account History” under “Store Transaction “and the list shows Bioshock 1 with a price number under “Total” and the date before or after 10th September 2012 then that would mean Basty really did buy Bioshock 1 from Steam store and this report is fake.

Ok then how about Steam trade window?

2. That would be the same thing just go “View Inventory History” and if it list Bioshock 1 being traded to Basty before or after 10th September 2012 then this report is still fake.

But wait a min this is about a Key code though and steam doesn’t log that information.
    Oh but it does.

3. The game Bioshock 1 would be listed under “Store Transaction” too and the price number under “Total” would be listed as Free. Why would the game be listed as Free.

Any game activated on Steam using a Key code is always listed as Free under “Total” in your Steam “Store transaction” page along with the Date listed of when you entered the Key code into Steam.

So SteamRep Admin would need is a screenshot of Basty >Buying Games Steam account “Store transaction” or “View Inventory History” of when exactly and how Bioshock 1 was obtained with timeframe and price number “Total” shown.

If it shows 10th September 2012, BIOSHOCK 1, TOTAL: FREE then we have a scammer. Anyways the other half of the information is with Basty >Buying Games.

Unlesss of course im wrong and Basty >Buying Games really did buy Bioshock 1 on 10th September 2012 from retail/non-steam store, then this was just all pure coincidence or is it?
  20. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    I dont think a screenshot here will help.
    The doctor said that a screenshot can be easily faked, otherwise my screenshot + my inventory+games list which does not contain orcs goty or any trades involving orcs goty would be sufficient proof...
    Doctor's main argument is that i faked the screenshot to get Basty in trouble for something he didn't do.
    The only way i can see this settled is either by admins here, or steam support. Anything else is pure speculation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.