1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid 76561198013689765 (Basty >Buying Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by GIR_, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43266356
    @ Shante

Nice, exactly what i think. But why does a person needs to provide extra evidence that he is guilty, the story of GIR_ is very hard to believe because:

This chat dialogue is not a proof.
    Also why didnt he add the game to hus gift games category on steam?

@ GIR_

Also "the only i can see" ... yeah clever...let an admin judge without any real proof...
  2. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37709489
    it's impossible to add a cd key to your own account as a gift - it will just say that you already own the game.
    Why would an admin judge without any proof? The whole point is that an admin will have access to data that most of us don't - for example access to steam logs.
    An admin is the only one who can get definite proof that can't be easily faked like you demonstrated in your first post.
    If you have any other suggestions how i can prove my case - please tell me...
  3. TheRealDoctor

TheRealDoctor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43266356
    If you talk in a board like this people will assume that if you say admin it is meant as this board admin.... well whatsoever you said is true.
    So we can close this thread until steam support(admin, whatever) tells you about it? GOOD.
  4. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    Or until someone has a better idea how to prove it. Maybe the more experienced board admins will have some suggestions.
    You are obviously just trolling the forum. So far you haven't said or suggested anything useful.
  5. Shante

Shante New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29356695
    @TheRealDoctor
    The chat dialogue is not 100% proof, exactly.
    The other half of the proof is within Basty >Buying Games Steam account.

Basty does not provide evidence that he is guilty; Basty should provide evidence that he is not guilty. If Basty is innocent then he should have no problem providing when and how Bioshock 1 was obtained on his account to a SteamRep admin.

All key codes activated in Steam cannot be turned into tradable gift item. Steam has never allowed It, which is why there is a Key code in the chat box screenshot.

The story of GIR is not too hard to believe because GIR has said to have evidence from Amazon for Bioshock 1 and a link listed where and when his Bioshock 1 trade thread was created, which is on Steamtrade website.

This thread should not be closed until we find out if GIR is lying or telling the truth. There is a case here to be investigated by a SteamRep admin, but that’s up to them.

It’s a big deal when a person reports you for being a scammer on SteamRep, if you have your own evidence (which you should) that you are innocent then you would be able to get the accuser in trouble for lying with false information.

@ GIR
    An admin from Valve does not handle this type of trades that are done outside of the steam trade window.

A SteamRep admin however can decide to investigate this type of situation depending on them.

Screenshot can be faked yes, but they can’t be faked if taken correctly with all the right information together in a single screenshot
    SMOKABLES likes this.
  6. Basty >Buying Games

Basty >Buying Games New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26712018
    I'm using google translator. So first of all you can not judge me guilty for a screenshot! Why? We all know that nowadays you can edit a screenshot easily without any problems, and I'm broke as a child I must judge without rep, nor anything. I have done my ass for 11 pages of Reputation. So if you want any proof that with Photoshop and members can create a real mix of cheating how did this child, DO IT. PEACE
  7. SMOKABLES

SMOKABLES New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45215202
    Damn straight, I agree 100%
  8. SMOKABLES

SMOKABLES New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45215202
    All we need is a screenshot of your steam store transactions as shante said.
  9. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    Thanks for proving this is not some kind of an ex-friends revenge.
    As you can see from my screenshot - I am from Israel - I speak Hebrew, Russian and English. Your post says that you cannot speak/write in English without google translate.
    This means that we have no common language , you can check both of our histories and see we were not friends on steam before the transaction or commented on each other's profiles.
    In my opinion this proves that we are strangers - and I do not have any motive to report you as a scammer. I didn't even request the Orcs game or any kind refund. I have nothing to gain by reporting you.
    BTW, I am not a kid, I am a 27 years old electrical engineer.

This thread is getting interesting , i wonder how this saga will end :)
  10. Shante

Shante New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29356695

How did you find out that someone was reporting you as a scammer on SteamRep? You haven’t been marked as a scammer so why you would be looking in the report section unless you were going to report someone or you like checking out the report stories from people or something alerted you.

The reason I’m wondering is because the report by GIR started on Monday and then the next following day Tuesday you made your first ever post on SteamRep, replying to GIR report, acting like it’s nothing serious, even writing “YES IM A SCAMMER AHAHAH . . .” What kind of innocent person says that on SteamRep.

Ok you were being sarcastic(were you?), but if you are innocent and the screenshot provided by GIR along with your Steam ID listed is fake and wrong, why haven’t you counter reported GIR for false information and impersonating you(a trusted trader)?

You also haven’t denied yet about being the person in the screenshot too which is odd. You said that a screenshot can be editied/Photoshop and would be useless, and yet you talk about your Steam profile with 11 pages of good rep which could also have some fake reps in there.

So many scammers have been marked on this site and even they had lots of good positive rep on their profile page so it doesn’t matter.

SteamRep proper format for reporting someone requires a screenshot, so no, screenshots are not useless, and anyways a SteamRep admin would carefully examine it just like they do with all the other hundreds of reports with screenshots attached.
  11. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    He got here because I posted a link to this thread in the negative feedback I gave him on steamtrades.com
    I wanted him to know about it and tell his side of the story
    At first i had my doubts, maybe there was some misunderstanding. But when he accused me photoshoping the chat - i knew he did everything intentionally...
  12. GIR_

GIR_ New User

Steam:
    the reply i got from steam support is "The key appears to have been used and was valid."
    But when i asked if it was batsy who used it they replied: "We are unable to provide this information."
    they have also said: "We will investigate this user and take appropriate action. Please note that you will not receive a notification about any action taken as a result of this report."
    so basically they don't want to give any information that isn't publicaly available

But it looks like Basty had scammed another guy in the meanwhile:
    "Dude you scammed me! Gave me an invalid key!"
    http://www.steamtrades.com/user/Basty
  13. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Thank you for all the responses. We are investigating this matter further.

With that said, however, I cannot stress enough that you SHOULD NOT TRADE CD-KEYS. It is basically setting yourself up for being scammed. :(
  14. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Hello,

Unfortunately, we don't accept report involving Steam gifts or CD keys / codes. As such I will have to invalidate this report.

Thanks for the report nevertheless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.