1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198016621705 404usernotfound (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by 404, Feb 1, 2013.

1. 404

404 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:38121319
    steamID: 404usernotfound
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:28177988
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016621705
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/404usernotfound
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198016621705

First off, I realize for a proper appeal, your Steam profile has to be public. However, due to an incident that occurred involving myself and MaxOfS2D (before we recently worked out our issues), I've been temporarily "Community" banned on Steam for a year (meaning I can't edit my profile, change my avatar, join/create groups, etc. This is NOT a VAC Ban), so my Steam profile is kind of stuck on Private until July 15, 2013.

With that being stated, I don't think my Steam profile being on Private should affect this appeal, mainly because the circumstances behind why I've been labelled a Scammer on this site are completely 100% unfounded. So without further adieu, we begin the explanation...

Back when everything "went down" about, oh, a year or so ago, I was a member over at Facepunch. There were some issues on the forum, and there was a bit of mockery from the people of Facepunch, with some retaliation from myself which I now realize was a stupid choice on my part. This entire situation took place in one of the old TF2 General Chat threads. One of the posts was from a guy named Ern who said "Tell 404 that Ernest Cockworthington IV hates him". So I figured because the people on Facepunch were "stalking" my Steam group (UNF Gaming, which is been dead since March 2012), I'd change my name to "Ernest Cockworthington IV" as a joke to see if I could get a reaction from them.

Next thing I know, then-TF2 Outpost (now retired) admin Suttles posted a reply in the thread (where people were also posting screencaps from my group, of me posting group announcements taunting them), stating something along the lines of "Finally, I have a legitimate reason to ban 404 from TF2Outpost now", and I then noticed I was banned from TF2 Outpost for "Impersonation", which was completely false, and resulted in me being labelled as a Scammer on this site.

At the point in time when this had occurred, I had not posted a trade on TF2Outpost for the past 2 months, and had recently raffled off all 20 pages of my backpack on TF2R.com as I had quit TF2. This of course led to me contacting Suttles to tell him how stupid he is to think he's "won" as I had quit TF2 a few weeks prior, and not used TF2Outpost in the past 2 months. As well, I had not made any trades in TF2 since raffling off my entire backpack, nor did I have any history of scamming, which is why this label is completely unfounded.

Fast forward to December 2012/January 2013. I rejoined Facepunch to post an apology thread for the stupid crap I pulled back then, and see if we could move on (I've since been rebanned due to the whole permabanned alt account thing). Suttles actually posted a response in my thread, which is something that I believe should result in me getting this stupid Scammer tag removed. Here's a screenshot, you can click it to view the actual post on Facepunch:

[​IMG]

So there you have it. The main reason behind me being falsely labelled as a scammer was due to Suttles' own personal vendettas getting in the way of him doing his job as an administrator properly, so he could show off to the people on Facepunch and look cool for wrongfully getting me labelled as a Scammer. I've since forgiven him, we're cool now. As stated above, I've not had any history of scamming, never been into the whole "TF2 economy" thing, and me using the name "Ernest Cockworthington IV" being considered as "impersonation" is stupid, mainly because of how many people have the exact same name. Did I change my Steam profile pic to Ernest's? No. It was simply my name, as a way to elicit a reaction from Facepunch.
  2. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    I was the one who handled this report initially and since it's clearly trolling with no scamming, I've reversed the tag. At the time, it was reported that you were impersonating in order to scam and this was also right before Outpost had tags. I've since reversed the tag and I wish you the best of luck in the future. Please see Outpost for updates on your bans there. :)