1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 7656119801668739 {Dex} Dexeldragon (SOP SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•), Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

{Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•) Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28210835
    steamID: {Dex} Dexeldragon (�ᴥ�)
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:28210835
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016687399
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dexeldragon
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198016687399

I scammed a man out of 20, promised I'd pay papal and I didn't. I contact him later, and had Butane trade him a buds worth of items to make up for it, I did infact pay him back more than I took, and was sure he knew I was sorry. Butane gave him my apology.

I've never scammed anybody besides this one time, and this time my idiotic brother was behind me saying "Why pay when you can have the items and your money, he went first". I felt so sorry and broken-hearted from stealing that I HAD to pay the man I scammed back. I'm not that type of person, and won't ever be that type of person.
  2. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Do you have any sort of proof that Butane confirmed this? And even if you gave him items, you still scammed.
  3. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
  4. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
    Meant to include this in the post. I've been tagged for 6 months, have been trading buds and unusuals even though I've been tagged, still been good, no scamming since that date.
  5. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5412928
    You do realise that trading with non-tagged people, will allow them to be tagged, for trading with you, as you're a marked scammer?
  6. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
    Actually I didn't. I wasn't aware it was contagious. Seems a bit harsh. But I wasn't aware, I remember trading an Unusual Demo's Fro (smoking) for Modern Warfare 3. And remember trading 5 or so unusuals for 2 buds each. I don't think any of them were marked, or scammed lol.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    He did indeed repay that specific person but only after initially refuesing to and had multipul instances of ban avoidance on SourceOP. Only after IP banning him did he get intouch with me about the incident.

I would not support his untagging.
  8. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
    Well that makes me happy :/. Glad I waited 7 months to be told that paying a guy back and doing the time isn't enough to be untagged. That's horrible.
  9. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    lol

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  10. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    He has an SOP tag, so you decide wether he gets untagged or not.

As far as I recall, SR doesn't meddle with community tags.
  11. Starburst

Starburst New User

Actually SR does appeals for Sourceop tags, -snip-
  12. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    Hmm I see. Thanks for the heads up.
  13. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    So, you think it's horrible that you scammed, refused to pay back the items, and then finally paid back, bottom line is you still scammed.

Oh, and I suggest you read the FAQ - http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
    And, Ignorance isn't an excuse, for not reading the FAQ. I never said any of them where scammed, however they traded with you, and you're a marked scammer, which risks them being cautioned or tagged for trading with you, as it says in the FAQ. http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

EDIT:
    How many times has that excuse been used, and again it was your choice to scam, no one elses.
  14. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
    s✿✿✿ man you are harsh. People get out of prison after doing the time OR paying the fine. I did both, and Butane may have me confused, I contacted Butane in order to have him middle man for me for a trade, but then found out he was willing to help me repay the man that I scammed. I lost him and was locked out of SourceOP so I couldn't track him down. Butane was a huge help, but I wasn't unwilling to pay back.

I know it would suck to have to put timers on everybody's scam-tags and then release them after they pay or wait a time, but I admit and embrace that I screwed up, and I'm willing to vow it won't ever happen again, and it hasn't so far and I've never wanted to.

And excuses are used very often, there are only a certain amount of things that can go wrong at a certain time with a certain outcome. Don't treat me like a 3rd grader when you are my teacher.
  15. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    known sop accounts Soulsaber Dexeldragon Dwellingdragon TraderDex and a few more as he used many proxies, According to your steamrep file, you appealed your scam tag right after you were tagged, why didn't you repay the victim then?

I would never middleman for a scammer, stop lying about how you got into contact with me:

form my banlong on sop:
    Dexeldragon - Dwellingdragon scammer 9/25/11
    TraderDex previous bans/scammer 10/6/11 ipban

then: 12/7/11
    http://sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=988081

He added me on steam 12/9/11 according to steamrep history after I locked the above thread and banned him(again) Talb was not on at the time, I usually would never touch return items but I knew Talb and Dex insisted he wanted it done, so I took posesion of the items to deliver and repayment was made according to Talbs bp history around 12/12/11ish

Nope, im pretty sure my version of events is correct.

Let me make that clear banned 9/25/11 refused to repay, broke rules by coming back with alts for months then only after being banned yet again on 12/7/11 did he decide to repay,

He only repaid because of the inconvenience of being banned over and over, his actions clearly show no respect for my community or the general overall trading community.
  16. Jmcmλtrix

Jmcmλtrix New User

Steam:
    lol'd, you scammed, deal with the consiquences.
    oh, and
    No exceptions, or special treatment, you scammed and are tagged just like the rest.
  17. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
    Jmcm, I never said I wanted special treatment, but most of the scammers here who appealed just said "Oh the hell with it, I scammed let's just see if these admins will be lazy". I'm not like that. I repaid the man I did wrong too, and I have continued to trade like I normally do and I have been doing everything just like you. I'm not special. I'm not a criminal, I just want to get back to having money for my community. I run: http://dexndes.com (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dexndes) on my own. I'm 16 years old, I spend 100 dollars on the 3 TF2 servers, 1 TS3 server, and 2g Dedicated Server for my community, I have no job, so I pay for the servers with the donated unusuals, hats and buds and all that fun stuff. I also give away most of them to continue to show my gratitude to my community and the help they have all given me.

I really need this tag removed, I don't want to sound like just any old criminal saying "Oh I'm sorry I'll never do it again". I want you to know I'm sincere and I won't ever consider it again, I want to be an addition to the great TF2 trade communities we have, I've been hoping to admin for a few of the servers as I have lots of experience with that. Please consider this understanding what I have said and done previously.
  18. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
  19. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
    That account wasn't used for trading. It was used for holding items. I put all my valuable items and s✿✿✿ there. Well I planned to. Never did any trading with it. Way to go system for just being prejudice and putting everything in a category because you simply can.
  20. {Dex} Dexeldragon (•ᴥ•)

Steam:
    And it wasn't even mine, it was given to me so check when I logged into it from my IP. Do some research.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.