1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198021830072 Carl (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by UndercoverSkeleton, Feb 26, 2013.

1. UndercoverSkeleton

UndercoverSkeleton Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30782172
  2. UndercoverSkeleton

Steam:
    Why havent anyone replied to this in over 6 months?

To clarify, accounts that are "my scammer alts" are not my accounts at all. They belong to my friend who logged in to those accounts on my internet
  3. UndercoverSkeleton

Steam:
    Is anyone ever going to reply to this?

It really sucks being locked out of sites like dota 2 lounge.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Why do you let a banned user use your connection? By what you said yourself, how are we able to tell you apart?
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    Please followup.
  6. UndercoverSkeleton

Steam:
    I let him use my connection simply cause hes a friend and we were having a LAN (That's how i remember it at least, it was a while ago).
    You wouldn't really expect letting a banned player play on your router would risk yourself getting banned...

As for the second question i honestly don't have any way to prove that i am not the owner of those accounts. I don't even know the reasoning behind labeling them my alt accounts, the fact that they connected on my internet was just something i brought up because it seemed likely. It seems silly that i am assumed guilty then asked to prove myself Innocent with no detailed reasoning for the ban in the first place.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Thank you for following up, even if a few years late, since your case is very old, you may add me on steam to discuss.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be downgraded to a caution.
    You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again.
    Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.

Appeal granted.