1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived 76561198021959328 (osteophage)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Bus, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30846800
    Hey Sanders! You realize that your going to get reported too. For scamming me in the first place. Also those chats are so fake they made me laugh! You suggested I take the Unusuals from UberBrownie silly! Because you wanted your batters helm that he scammed you out of! I was going to give it back to you, but then I realized it would be like rewarding you for your actions. I don't know about the key your talking about is. Also the 60 is what Jackson said(the fake middleman). Just ask him! Here is the trade on outpost they responded too: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/6062445 Idk how they found it. Also it may be important that they sold my S hunstsman for a S widow maker and some ref and keys didn't include in the story. That is what i got in back. Also make sure to check out the thread sanders! http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/13xaim/got_scammed_scammed_them_back_a_lot_harderoc/
  2. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
  3. Bus

Bus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18338992
    You should show your trade history Osteo. It'll prove you only scammed them once. Haha.
  4. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
    I never impersonated a valve employee. Or said the email is from steam...
  5. Bus

Bus New User

Steam:
    You CLEARLY implied it.

That directly implies that the email came "from valve", plus you signed it -Garry.

You're digging yourself an even deeper hole.
  6. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
    Implying is not the same thing as committing. Why does Garry mean anything?
  7. Bus

Bus New User

Steam:
    Because it's not you. You KNOW you were deceptive, and you KNOW you scammed those hats. You deserve this mark.
  8. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
    If its not me? Does that make it valve?
  9. Bus

Bus New User

Steam:
    I'm not going to argue this anymore, you clearly meant it to be a Valve email.

Support ticket? User in question? Support team? You referred to the support team as "WE" in the "email" you idiot. I'm done with you.
  10. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
    It's not about what you can infer man. Its about what you can prove. And right now you can't even prove that email existed. It just really seems that way.
  11. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
    Just to show that this undeniably highly controversial in a moral respect..
    "That is just awesome :) Great job :)"-Sirlazer2
    "If this is true; good job. f✿✿✿ them."-mark_mintoff
    "I love you"-RedstoneNewb
    "you're a boss"-BBQSuperMelt "Not that I support lying or scamming, but those had it coming. Just don't scam anyone else."-SunSetBiscuit
    "1) Definitely format your text better next time :p
    2) Interesting story, well done for staying calm and thinking things through
    3) Well done for getting a profit out of it
    4) Don't scam innocent people, don't let this taste of success corrupt you :p
    5) Like PowerofTower said, I think it'd be really awesome if you did a giveaway for some of the bonus items you got."-Corican
    "There's nothing wrong with that he did. Anyone who says otherwise is implying that stealing his items should go unpunished..."-Copps1
    "When you're only way of recourse is to scam the guy back, then it's absolutely fine to do it. Valve wont help him because he traded his unusual willingly and reporting the guy as a scammer doesn't help him either. I am sure life is good for you in your ivory tower where everything is black and white but if anyone stole from me and the legal system could not right that wrong, then I would do whatever I can to correct it myself. Don't be angry with this guy for his actions, be angry that the system allows him to be scammed and doesn't bring the scammers to justice."-RibboDotCom
    http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/13xaim/got_scammed_scammed_them_back_a_lot_harderoc/
  12. Osteophage

Osteophage New User

Steam:
    I will never scam or be scammed. I have reviewed the FAQ about identifying scams and know how to avoid it. I hope I don't get marked for this but if I do, I would like to know how to get rid of that mark. I am sure this isn't some Guantanamo Bay style justice system, and I bet I could be pardoned over time especially considering that it's a highly controversial of the situation.
  13. Bus

Bus New User

Steam:
    You have 8 people on r/tf2 who don't think you're a complete scumbag, good job. That doesn't make it any better. "I will never scam or be scammed," you say, yet both of those have already happened. You were scammed, and I'm sorry to hear that. Then, you went back and became absolutely no better than they are by scamming them back. You have horrible morals and I will enjoy seeing you marked.
  14. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Marking this as Under Investigation as I want the feedback from the Reddit admins primarily on this case due to where it was reported. Locking this thread for now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.