1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected 76561198022347874 ☭ThatGuy☭ (SOP SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ☭ThatGuy☭, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☭ThatGuy☭

☭ThatGuy☭ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31041073
    steamID: ☭ThatGuy☭ steamID32: STEAM_0:0:31041073 steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022347874 customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThatGuy3423 steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198022347874

I just recently decided to do some trading on a random server, that's when I noticed I had this [SCAMMER] tag on my name. I was completely confused as to why I would have this tag, and my friend told me it was because you were a registered scammer. He told me that I could see my offense on this website, and it turned out to be that I was charged with impersonation. Odd because, I only use the alias ThatGuy (I sometimes add some flair, similar to these hammer and sickles). I decide to look at my aliases and discover "Diego empty condoms" and was completely confused. I called my buddy that I let borrow my steam account time to time, to ask if this was his doing. He told me yes, and this was a long time ago, and is surprised it's just popping up now. He doesn't use my Steam account anymore, and I don't know what he's going to do now. I'm pretty sure you guys get this crap all the time, but I would love to get this sorted out.
  2. Cloudy

Cloudy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36184364

Attached Files:

3. ☭ThatGuy☭

☭ThatGuy☭ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31041073
    I'll copy pasta the quote from above. "I decide to look at my aliases and discover "Diego empty condoms" and was completely confused. I called my buddy that I let borrow my steam account time to time, to ask if this was his doing. He told me yes, and this was a long time ago, and is surprised it's just popping up now."

Like I said I would like to flatten this all out so I could get back to trading, or at least what I could do to fix this.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Hey ThatGuy.

Thanks for talking to me. As you already know, you have been tagged for impersonation of something your friend/roommate has done. I'd like to point out as I've mentioned to a few days ago that your account is your responsibility. It's never a good idea just to share your account like that to other people because you can see how things turn out in the end.

I am sorry though. Even you have been very honest with me, I have to deny your appeal as it's always uncertain if this will happen in the future. Especially since you are still sharing the account with your friend. And I know you've already warned him regarding it but it's not a risk I am willing to take.

Regards,
    Skyrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.