1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198024489187 Shank-Crepe Master SR Scammer

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Shank-Crepe Master, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shank-Crepe Master

Shank-Crepe Master New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32111729
    |steamID: Shank-Crepe Master
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:32111729
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024489187
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198024489187

This is quite an unusual story and i can't really prove innocence through this, but i'll go ahead. (Direct steam chat with an admin in charge of processing request would be much better)

January this year, i received my first unusual, i go on my first time to tf2tp looking to sell it for buds.
    Keep in mind this was my first weeks handling something with any remote value.
    Im asking for 2-3 buds for a stormy nanobalaclava.
    Guy add's me called FreindlyMichael , private profile(didn't know that was a sign)
    Uses Bigbangtheory as an impersonator at the time. (His freind, didn't know that was possible to impersonate)
    Pressures me into selling fast, offers 80USD via paypal. I accept, he takes my unusual.

This is were it starts properly .. "FreindlyMichael" end's up being adrian leader of team deviate. He apologises for scamming , then proceeds to say if i want my unusual back i'd have to "help" him out.

With the unusual being worth nearly 5x my entire backpack, i continue to speak with him asking what i'd have to do. He said i'd have to make him some accounts for scamming etc. I oblige as it doesn't involve me, but he says he wants to put items through my account for "safe keeping".

2 weeks later he creates" Dice Fortress" as a legitimate concept, ends up using scammed items which i don't find morally correct so i tell all the admins in the group. Long story short, they quit adrian get's mad and goes back to scamming instead. He tells me i have to let him use the accounts i created if i ever want to get my unusual back.

I understand what i did was against steamrep rules/steam rules by willing to cooperate with a scammer. And have recieved my punishment being a ban, which has become trade probation. I have long left anything to do with team deviate. But as a result of the reports being made against me, i have a tf2op ban and steamrep tag. This has hindered me unable to proper legitimate trading to this day.

I also note that clearly there isn't enough evidence here to just untag/unban me so, i'd hope a steamrep appeal admin could contact me for further discussion.
  2. The Marvelous Medic

The Marvelous Medic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43807558
    The problem with this appeal is, like you said, the lack of evidence. There's tons of people out there that are marked scammers, but who knows if they speak the truth? Only hard evidence can prove guilt or innosence. Also, when your unusual was scammed off you, why didn't you come here to report them instead of taking right into your own hands? All this would've been way less bad if it was left at that point.

-Marvelous
  3. Shank-Crepe Master

Steam:
    At the time i was unaware of steamrep in any sense, i'd taken the time to check bigbangtheory's middleman page it just had the green tick on it with "SR middleman" so i instantly assumed it was the guy. Wasn't aware that you could impersonate in that sense. For the Hard evidence, i would be able to show a appeal's admin some chat logs i've had with adrian about a year ago. Also i could get some previous admins from dice fortress to vouch for the incidents that occured where adrian was caught doing giveaways with scammed items, and he ran away.
  4. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
  5. Shank-Crepe Master

Steam:
    I'd given him the details for all the account's id made him and emails. I might be able to verify this with some skype chat logs. I'd heard from him midway this year, and is still active.
  6. Shank-Crepe Master

Steam:
    I understand by assisting him earlier this year, there is a chance you are not able to revoke my tag. But id made a mistake back then, and hope i'd be given a second chance.
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @Shank-Crepe Master,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):
    • Lack of sufficient evidence to overturn the original judgment
    • Change of heart is not a valid reason to overturn a serious ban within the trade community
    • Cannot clearly differentiate your account from being an alternate or shared account with a scammer.
    Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.