1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator 76561198038171322 (Morbid Fable)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Morbid Fable, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Morbid Fable

Morbid Fable New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:38952797

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: Eastern Standard, however I'd consider my time schedule "the night shift", so I wake up when the sun sets generally.
    Availability: My schedule is incredibly flexible and I can give as much time as needed, at least 5 hours a week.
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? No, not at all. In fact, its where I excel.
    Foreign languages: No.

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    Currently, I'd consider myself unemployed. I have a "job" doing audio transcriptions, and otherwise I just play games.

I am at my computer from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed. My hobbies really include my favorite games, which are on my steam profile and other than that I moderate several subreddits. My subreddit moderation includes my interest such as Vaporwave, Pixark, and I'm a big fan of culture overall. I am incredibly easy going and don't let things get to me, especially on the internet.​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    I am a qualified candidate because I've been a moderator on several large subreddits for well over a year, closing in on two. I have dealt with many things over there, some scam scandals that have been dealt with and more. I more importantly, play games on steam. I have seen countless times where people have been scammed and I personally feel as if SteamRep does the best job and service for the community. I just want to assist in what I feel is a better scam protection than valves.​

Past administrative experience:
    I have experience moderating several subreddits for years.

My reddit is /u/luminous_fantasy and I take pride in my impartial moderation. Some of my subreddits can be very charged in political and artistic rhetoric and we over there really pride ourselves in allowing expression as long as it doesn't breach any sort of agreements on reddit, so through that I've seen some pretty awful s✿✿✿ and gotten plenty of threats and countless verbal assaults. I am easily able to remain calm in these circumstances and evaluate things objectively.

I also moderate several fairly large twitch streams, which I prefer to not disclose unless messaged by an admin.​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)
    I have participated in several trading sites such as

csgotrade and dota2trade subreddits as well as csgolounge, and of course various servers for those games including TF2 ones.​

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    No, I have never been banned to my knowledge.​

Other questions or comments:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello Morbid Fable.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still interesting in pursuing this application?
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Application has been denied automatically for failure to respond to a staff's question.