1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Affiliate 76561198039386132

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by ⌜ʙʟѕ⌟ ejjp, Feb 16, 2019.

1. ⌜ʙʟѕ⌟ ejjp

⌜ʙʟѕ⌟ ejjp Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39560202
    Basic information:

Name or handle: www.Ejay.me [bluestreak]
    Primary stream or channel: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ejjpFriends
    Number of followers: 10,480 on my main friends group
    Other links:
    https://www.ejay.me
    https//projectbluestreak.net​
    SteamRep ID block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Pre-screening questions:

Do you agree not to speak on behalf of SteamRep or use our name to endorse any other site, service, or product?
    Yes​
    Do you agree not to use your affiliation with SteamRep to leverage trust or favorable deals from traders?
    Yes​
    Have you ever scammed or intentionally misled anyone for profit?
    never. I have way too much money invested in my Steam account to risk anything like that. I do everything 100 percent legit.​
    Stance on gambling:
    In and of itself, I have no problem with it. I do not use gambling sites. Generally, I find most of them to be somewhat toxic and I steer clear of them for the most part.​

Application:

Tell us more about your stream or channel:
    I have a Steam friends group called Pointless which also has a discord server. This group has some 10,480 members from Steam. More action/activity regarding this group takes place on discord or my personal forum website at https://ejay.me. We discuss mostly gaming and staying safe in Steam. Because I have so many 'newer' Steam members always joining, I talk a lot about SteamREP and scamming and how to avoid. Many thousands of people in the Steam community look up to me. The forum website talks about a variety of topics related around gaming, Steam, and computer rigs and equipment.​

Why do you think you qualify for this position?
    The answer to that can be found above. My documented following in my friends group "Pointless" is almost 10,500 steam members. My Forum website (open to the greater internet community) has almost 1,100 members in the 6 months it is been active. I have two discord servers with some 25 channels. In addition I, on average get 300-400 Steam friends requests daily.

I am totally against scamming. I believe in Karma. Daily I advise people to check SteamREP before trading. I can not begin to tell you how many hundreds if not thousands of people I made aware of SteamREP.

I have also been a Steamrep donator I believe since 2017. I unfriend immediately, anyone on my Steam friends list that receives a SteamRep ban.

Finally, always taking the high road for the past seven years, I have earned a very high level of respect throughout the Steam community.​

Do you frequently get impersonated?
    I am one of the top six or seven steam levels in the world. We high-levels all get impersonated from time to time. Mostly these tend to be jokesters just trying to get under someone's skin. I report each and every one of these to Valve when it happens to me.​

What do you hope to contribute to the trading community?
    Awareness mainly. I am pretty high-profile in the Steam community, and tens of thousands of people in that community know who I am, and/or follow me. I get asked daily by people about my thoughts on a particular trade they may want to make, for example, and I provide my advise, and provide people resources (like SteamREP) and such. My hope is to educate people the best I can on the pitfalls prior to them getting scammed.​

Have you ever talked about scamming or fraud in a video or livestream before?
    Yes many times each week. In fact, wrote a document about two years that included tips on how to recognize a scam titled "Was it too good to be true?". Unfortunately it was stored on an old server that crashed with no backup (shame on me but lesson learned lol).

Seldom a day or week goes by where I don't have opportunity or discussion with people about trading, scamming, and how to avoid getting "taken" not only in Steam by in the greater gaming community. I try to stress on educating people on prevention, not after it's too late...​

Do you have any questions or comments for the SteamRep staff?
    I have been doing computers and gaming for as long as I can remember. I treat everyone fairly and am told constantly that I have a much higher level of maturity than many other people in my age range. I use logic in my decision making and have the ability to clearly look at both sides of an issue. I have a very high level of respect through the internet steam and gaming community. (I am also very active and have been for the past two years (in real life) in the effort to restore Net Neutrality in the USA with my state and federal Congress members.

Finally, I have been a public advocate for SteamREP for at least the past four years, and it would be nice to get any sort of recognition for that. Either way, I totally believe in what SteamREP is doing for the community, and I will continue to support you and make people aware, regardless.​
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Thank you for your interested in the Notable Affiliate program. Unfortunately, we have decided not to move forward with your application at this time.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**