1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198039490173 [iNf]AMOUS (SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by blackus10, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39612222
    steamID: [iNf]AMOUS IDLING NOT HERE
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:39612222
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039490173
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198039490173

Reason of banning:

My brother got the (SOP Scammer) tag on our shared account (mainly my account) for posting 1 post of fake rep on SourceOp. I was pretty pissed at my brother and told him to contact the admin that banned me, Butane.

This was my our SourceOp letter:

Hello Sir,

My brother would like to apologize:

I am terribly sorry for the fakerep I posted a day ago. I am not the kind of person to do those type of things normally, but I was in the desperate need of reputation. I was selfish, using the forums for my own good and without thinking of the well-being of others. If everyone did what I did then reputation would have no clean value.

After I heard that my account was banned, I immediately checked my steamrep page. Then, I saw the SOP scammer mark on our profile. This is not only my steam account, but also my brother's and he really takes pride in having a clean reputation and hasn't done anything dishonest before. I really am sorry to my brother about the scar on our profile.

From this, I have learnt an very important lesson. Dishonesty is not acceptable in any way or form. I may be asking too much but, all I ask is that the SOP scammer mark on our profile to be removed. I don't know any other way of repaying my brother, as we have quite a few games on that account. I know that you must get many appeals, and most not sincere or meaningful. My appeal has true meaning.

I have also done some research regarding this topic, and I found that I am similar to another member.

Link:

http://sourceop.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=100962&highlight=ban

On my steamrep page it says that I am a SOP scammer. I did not scam anyone, and in PeteyM3's last post, she/he says:

"Due to the fact that there was no victim, no loss, no scam, A one month ban was implemented and the alt accounts deleted."

But, I do deserve punishment. I don't mind if ALL my sourcerep accounts are deleted, permenantly. "There was no victim, no loss, and no scam." I truely did not scam, and do not deserve a SOP scammer mark. More importantly, my brother does deserve to trade in the future with other players with a criminal record. Please, and I ask from a humble perspective, please remove the Steamrep mark on our profile.

Thank you for your time and patience. If the forums ever needs any kind of help in the future I would be glad to pitch in.

His reply:

I disagree with his conclusion.

I then wasn't too happy and still mad at my brother and contacted Butane again.

My reply:

Then MY account shall always have that mark?! I am not a scammer. I did nothing wrong. I do not deserve this, please be just. At least, think it over a bit. [​IMG]

I sent that, hoping to get a reply with more fairness.

Butane's reply:

The sop accounts will not be unbanned, Ill have a chat with petey. you can go to forums.gamerep.org to appeal the scammer tag, something I don't do here.

I was more happy to see this answer, so now I am here. Like my brother said, he should get his SourceOp accounts banned, in order to learn an important lesson of honesty. But, please, I really do not deserve a scammer tag for my brother's mistakes. He won't touch my steam account from now on, and I really do not deserve a scarred trading reputation :(

Thank you to everyone viewing this post, and thank you for your time.
  2. {ASBO} Kokka

{ASBO} Kokka New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17249398
    You do know that admins are getting the "it was my brother's fault" on 9/10 times

Get your own account, his account, his responsability,
    If it's a shared account, which shouldn't happen in the first place, it's your responsability that noone abuses it ...
  3. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    Hey, its not fair to buy 2 copies of Modern Warfare 3 for 120 USD when you can totally share one with your sibling for only 60 USD. Seriously, what if I was a PS3 player? should my brother go buy another PS3? That's another 300 USD! Not fair, man.
  4. Starburst

Starburst New User

SourceOP said you/your brother have a total of 4 accounts. Why the need for so many accounts? Also why would your brother make a sourceop rep thread for trading in tf2 when he plays mw3? I'm not buying this "my brother excuse"
  5. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    I made one to use normally before this started, and made another because that one was banned. I asked my brother and he said he made the two other accounts for fakerep purposes. I'm not gonna share any account anymore with him. Also, what's wrong with liking tf2 and MW3? My brother and I have been Call of Duty fans ever since we could remember, but we also love tf2. What's wrong with loving both?
  6. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    This is totally unfair! I shouldn't even be going through all this if it weren't for my brother! :mad::mad::mad:
  7. Starburst

Starburst New User

If your brother got your account vac banned, do you think saying it was your brother would convince steam support to remove the vac ban?
  8. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    No, my Steam account is not banned, I am only appealing to get the Scammer tag off my profile. I do not want my future of trading to be scarred, and everyone avoiding trades with me. This is not what I deserve, and totally unfair. :(
  9. Starburst

Starburst New User

My previous comment obviously went right over your head. check your pm please
  10. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    Sorry, I just joined SteamRep and am not sure of how everything works. I didn't find out about the Private Messaging until you mentioned it. I have replied to the pm.
  11. Starburst

Starburst New User

I received no pm from you.
  12. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    Its a reply to
    "please submit a picture of you and your brother."

I'll just post it here.
  13. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
  14. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
  15. blackus10

blackus10 New User

Steam:
    Please check your PM, I have uploaded the photo onto a website.
  16. Starburst

Starburst New User

Denied for now, you/your bro fakerepped. It does not seem to me like you take responsibility for your accounts actions, on top of the fact that your brother (according to you) does not have a steam account, It is near impossible to say it was not actually you.
    Fakerep scams the community of all the legitimate rep. Do not be involved in any scam related activity on your account or any account that can be linked to you and re-appeal in 9 months and reference this thread and maybe ill reconsider.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.