1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Under Review 76561198039516613 (Manatee)

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Manatee, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Manatee

Manatee RLTracker.pro admin Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39625442

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: United States of America -- US Central
    Availability: 12-36hr, varies per school and work
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? No
    Foreign languages: Spanish -- intermediate

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    Austin, 22, Currently studying for my law enforcement degree -- have 1-3 semesters left depending on the route I take in the program. After that, I will likely be an officer for a local city and then pursue a special officer position with some federal department or agency.

Outside of school, I enjoy photography and music, as well as film and cinematography. Online, I enjoy a variety of things from casual gaming to trading. I enjoy building and running communities, as is my main forte and experience.​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    I am applying to the position of SteamRep moderator for a number of reasons, I have always seen the staff here as role models and unsung pillars of the community, the work they do is incredibly important and often goes unrecognized. SteamRep has been that organization that I have been eyeing for a few years but never felt that I had the capacity to apply until now. I feel as if I have garnered the experience and know how to justify an application now. Within the Rocket League community, I run the universal, albeit unofficial, scam list and reputation organization at RLT and we do great work but I would love to contribute to a broader audience so that steam as a whole could be impacted.

I always strive to do the right thing and apply myself where I feel best fit, and I do believe that SteamRep would be a great place to call home and get to work.​

Past administrative experience:
    Yes;

Currently, I am the Community Manager for RLTracker.pro as mentioned in the above response. We facilitate a few services used by hundreds of thousands of users within the RL trading community. We run a scam list and reputation system, as well as discord bots to assist with enforcement of those. We currently use the SR API to make automated additions to the list to further protect those within our direct community at RLT and those within the greater RL Trading community from those who are currently tagged with SR.

Throughout the RL Trading community, I am a known and reputable figure.

Prior to Rocket League and its community, I was an active trader in CS:GO and a server manager for a then-large Garry's Mod community known as SGN/SidewaysGamingNetwork. At the peak, SGN was the 3rd largest trafficked server, at least our RP server was. Having managed the servers, the community and the staff team, I gained a good foundation for leadership during my time there, which I would apply to RLT to enable its growth.

Outside of online community management, I have been invited to a multitude of private leadership seminars to learn useful skills and how to apply them. Going into law enforcement, I understand just how important integrity is and I do feel my experience shows that capacity.​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)
    RLTracker.pro, Community Manager - domain is the same as the name, can provide discord invite if requested.
    RLTC, Group Moderator/Discord Mod/Senior Support - RL Trade Club, Steam group with 70,000+ members.
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RLTCtrading

Prior to RLT and RLTC, I was staff with various RL Trading discords and organizations as well, but in order to not flood the response, they can be viewed on my steam profile and proof can be given upon request. They ranged in size from around 4,000-30,000 members.​

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    Only RL scamming discords​

Other questions or comments:
    Thank you for your time. I will respond with the alternate account field information when I track it down, either in a reply or by DM as per your direction.​
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Tio José das Vacas likes this.
  2. Manatee

Manatee RLTracker.pro admin Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39625442
    Edited to reflect recovery of alternate account information
  3. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Under review.