1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198041104673 Fu| LXU (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40419472
    steamID: Fu| LXU
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:40419472
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041104673
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198041104673

Hey guys, I really need help with this, I've never been tagged as a scammer until of late, and apparently the admin info says I'm tagged for being a member in a fake UTC Admin group. Well first off, I've been using tf2outpost for a while now, and i saw Mittens post a lot on his unusual trading, so I assumed he's a respected trader. He added me one day and invited me to the UTC Admin thing and said he had something to talk to me about, he said he needed 45 minutes and I haven't got a response since then. http://steamcommunity.com/id/7656119797508167, is the Mittens that added me to the UTC Admin group. It says I have 8 scammer friends, but those are traders i traded with before and are kept on my friends lists. I would really appreciate some help on this, thx!
  2. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    that's not the real mittens
    the real dude has more than 8 hrs and actually has hats

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    Yea, he invited me into the UTC Admin group though, at first i didn't know, i thought it was just another random group invite so i accepted it, didn't really know it was an impersonator
  4. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    A good first step is removing your (many) scammer friends
    Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz likes this.
  5. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    Alright done deleted them all, and I wanted to say, I think this is kind of unfair as to say, any scammer can impersonate a respected trader and send a million request for a fake clan invite and get a lot of innocent traders bad rep, any possible way to stop this?
  6. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    So what do i do now?
  7. Bo0m!

Bo0m! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:548776
    Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz likes this.
  8. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26285681
    I call bullshit.

Do you think for one second anyone really belives that you payed no heed when you were invited in to a group like that? There is absolutely no way on this earth anyone would be so naive as to just fumble their way in to a group with people like that, from what you told us you hadn't known him for more than 1 day, and he invites you in to one of the groups of one of the largest unusual trading communities there is. I don't think you 'thought it was just another random group'. I think you were prepping with some of your little friends to impersonate a community admin/middleman and use your fake status to scam.
    Nobody 'just joins' a UTC admin group.

Good luck with the appeal bro.
  9. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
  10. Bo0m!

Bo0m! New User

Steam:
  11. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
    That looks like the same group to me, I don't think he actually left it for good, he just re-joined it. f✿✿✿✿✿✿ idiot.
  12. Bo0m!

Bo0m! New User

Steam:
  13. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
  14. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    bo0m! thx for helping out man removed both groups, i seriously don't know which are fake one's unlike Jailbait says, traders i traded with before and people i meet in lobbies are the people i keep on my friend list, there is no proof i scammed anyone, and the only thing I'm being marked is for being in a fake group which I am in a million so i don't keep track of any besides my clan fubar. Jailbait seriously what problem do you have with me? I don't know you or anything do I? Anyways I'll quit any group you want me too or delete any of my friends besides good ones, I know Mr. Squinty from a good dustbowl server i usually play on and added stealthy taco yesterday since he was a great medic in my lobby
  15. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
  16. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    It's a huge hassle, I was just currently banned on outpost when I was talking to the REAL Mittens on an open post about how i got marked as a scammer by his impersonator, sucks
  17. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    I don't know you dude but, I'd understand if you were someone trying to help me, I would answer all your questions, but i'd rather use my time to explain to someone that would be willing to help me then to someone who calls bullshit so quickly. But since your sooooo nice and all I'll say this, how the hell am i suppose to know it's fake and 2nd, how do i know what to do? Like I said and what you referred to, the fake Mittens added me and invited me to the fake UTC group, I'VE ONLY had him added for a day, talked 3-6 lines with him, then he ignores me. Anyways I've got him out of my friends list and left the fake groups, oh and thx :), I'll try my best on this appeal, and answer all questions, too bad you aren't an admin huh, your attitude sure wouldn't help and you wouldn't even take time to listen to people even if they weren't scammers.
  18. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
    I honestly do not belive that you would not question being invited to a clearly labeled UTC ADMIN group, because you aren't a UTC admin. You have a backpack with an amount of promos larger than most, how you got them I don't know, but with 1200 hours of TF2, and a clear knowledge of steamrep there is no doubt in my mind that you have put a lot of time in to trading, and that you will at least of heard of large communities like Steamrep and UTC. The fact that you claim to have just joined a group labeled UTC ADMINS, with very well known people and to top it all of you join yet another group. If any sensible person was invited to a group like that alarm bells would be ringing.Nobody is naive enough to stumbe in to 2 FAKE groups, filled with impersonators.
  19. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    After reading around steamrep, I have found out this is a very serious matter, more serious then I thought, I'm really sorry, I'll be more wary of random invites I get later on. For now, I just want to be able to use outpost and again and continue trading, any admins willing to help/hear me out?
  20. Fu| LXU ~ AFK/Awayzz

Steam:
    Firstly, I appreciate your concern on my case whether your trying to actually help me or get me banned, I do have more than 1200 hours played as i started playing around 1 or 2 months after f2p, and to be honest I have heard of steamrep before, but I never used it until of now because I seriously did not know i was marked as a scammer here on steamrep until another marked trader added me named roflstompz, telling me I was a scammer and wanted to scam with me, I had no idea I was a scammer until then, I politely refused him though and talked to him for a while, he was a really nice guy though, left him alone and deleted him as I was told. Apparently I am as "naive" as you say I am because I didn't even know what UTC was for, now your going to accuse me I'm lying about this, and I have no proof that I didn't know what UTC was, I promise I have never dealed with cash/middleman/you go first, I go second trading. I don't quite know if I answered your question completely, but I tried. By the way, look how many groups I am in, how can I not think it was just another random group I was invited to? I don't know why I'm invited to half of these groups, maybe cause I did something special or I'm a good player, how do i know? Nobody tells me anything, but I promise to be more cautious of random group invites especially related to trading as I have found it's quite a hassle for admins(I think) for having to read this appeal (considering how much appeals/scammer reports they have to deal with) and me for having to prove my case so I can just use outpost to trade again. Hopefully I've answered your question Jailbait.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.