1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198041236815 R?troRuoy (SOP and SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by RetroRuoy, Jan 17, 2012.

1. RetroRuoy

RetroRuoy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40485543
    steamID: R?troRuoy
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:40485543
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041236815
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/retroruoy
    steamrepURL: http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198041236815

I was tagged a SOP SCAMMER and an SR Scammer. I posted a thread on SourceOP, but then one of the admins locked the thread and banned me (daemon possibly). Everything that I have to say is right here. Feel free to look at it. I will politely wait for an admin to research my case. When they add me, I will discuss with them any questions they have. Thanks!
  2. P | Gavin

P | Gavin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18926083
  3. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    I'm not a SOP admin.

You are marked, 1. for being in deviate 2. for admitting to being in deviate 3.admitting to scamming etc

Love how now people think they can appeal away admission to scams.
  4. rawrnerozero

rawrnerozero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23265836
    ^
    This

You are not welcome to this community, if Adrian hadn't scammed you would you still continue to scam, not learned your lesson and wouldn't even think about returning the item back because greed is what led you to join in the first place. You think just because you learned your lesson and a simple apology will let you face no punishment at all? Think again, I think you knew the consequences of scamming and didn't care about it so receive it like a man, deal with it.
  5. RetroRuoy

RetroRuoy New User

Steam:
    I was marked not for ANY of those reasons. According to my page SteamRep, I was marked for attempting to scam with a fake middleman.
    No offense, I would prefer if you left me alone so I could speak to someone else. And yes, I admitted to being in Deviate and to scamming at least once, but I am no longer part of that scamming organization. At least I'm honest.
  6. daemon

daemon Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26049181
    thanks for being honest, that would have been more useful for you ~3 months ago, before you scammed

appeal to anyone you want

good luck (sincerely) - when it's okay to scam 'as long as you admit it' then i'll finally have a good excuse to leave this life behind me
  7. P | Gavin

P | Gavin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18926083
    Don't tell me he didn't face any punishment at all, random douches now call him a scammer all the time on his profile that have no business with him and he has to check it regularly for it. I guess creating a new tf2 account is 100% better than appealing, because it always works(if you use different info), takes 30 seconds to do and after selling the keys only cost $3. If time is money, there's no point in appealing when you can get right back into the business and appear to have always been a legitimate trader. It's not my idea of "being a man and dealing with it", but it works and the "punishment" is $3 versus hours of going no where appealing, waiting and being trolled by everyone.
  8. GamerFTW

GamerFTW New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47837512
    I Have Been Marked As Scammer And I wouldnt dare to create a new account. Id rather be stuck with a (SOP Scammer) Cause I Am Innocent .
    If You Say That Your Innocent You Shouldnt Make A New Account.
    I Hope You Understand.
  9. rawrnerozero

rawrnerozero New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23265836
    That's not even close to a good punishment, for starters he could've just set his profile to friends only to comment on his profile. Also what GamerFTW said because in the end you can't always hide forever as i'm sure the admins will find ways to find him.
  10. RetroRuoy

RetroRuoy New User

Steam:
    You are right; I could have done that, but I didn't. Seriously, why is this such a big deal? I never was successful at scamming anyone; nobody got their precious items and/or $ stolen, and to top it all off, I stopped scamming a long time ago. Why can't anybody here have the brains and the common sense to get over this, drop the entire "he's scum" thing, and move on with our lives? Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to scam another person after what happened to me several months ago?

Anyways, if you're not willing to listen to my logic, then so be it. If all the people here are stupid enough to not let such a small thing go, then what can I do to get them to change their minds?
  11. RetroRuoy

RetroRuoy New User

Steam:

Don't be telling me that making an alt's a bad idea when you've done it already.

Also, nice job on impersonating someone and scamming someone with a fake game code. You could be a master con-man someday.
  12. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41853675
    As nice as it is that you no longer scam, the fact of the matter is that you tried to scam and you were a participating member in Team Deviate. SteamRep is not responsible to the actions of other users towards you - the mark was CORRECT and justified.
    Further - you not being a successful scammer is in no way grounds for removal of your scammer mark.

████ posted on January 18, 2012 @ 3:26pm
    SteamRep sucks balls and is a waste of internet space. Always did and was.

My apologies for upholding what SteamRep has always stood for.

Appeal denied.
  13. polyvore

polyvore Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41853675
    Dear Polyvore,
    Wow. Just f****** wow. I cannot believe- well, I could always believe, how ignorant and immature you and your fellow administrator friends are. Because I attempt to scam someone but fail, I get marked for life as a scammer? If I attempted to kill some random man on the streets, I'd get a minimum of seven years in jail- not a life in jail. I've already said several times, if you were listening, that I was done scamming. However, no admin here has the brain functions to believe in second chances and to be a kind, forgiving soul. I'd be fine with a scammer tag for a couple of months, but for life? f****** really? Is what I did so horrible that I have to stay in trading prison for the rest of my existence? Just look at the picture. I got all my items (from October) taken away by Team Deviate, after they banned me. They put me through a lot of trouble, and all I want to do is trade normally without people calling me names like "scammer" and "scum" and treating me like a criminal. I don't think I'd ever scam again if I have to go through what I've gone through in the last 3 months. I'm a person with feelings, not a heartless mechanical pile of scrap. How do you think I feel about being marked as a scammer for life even though I lost everything? Would it hurt to look at this situation from my shoes? Have you seen how I've been treated by people like daemon, although I've clearly said that I stopped?

Anyways, think about what I've said, and please get back to me. Don't just read this, say nothing, and dump it into a virtual trash can. Read it. Think deeply about what I've said. Even though I have done something wrong here, that doesn't mean you shouldn't listen to my opinion. I said SteamRep sucked balls and is a waste of internet space because of how it never gave people- people with feelings- second chances, and never listened to the voice of reason. SteamRep is one-sided about everything. Are you going to permanently tag me as a scammer for expressing my opinion? Would you be any happier if I censored my opinions?

Also, I never said, if you think I said, that people who have done far worse than me shouldn't ever face the consequences. I totally, 100% agree that they shouldn't ever be unmarked. I partially agree with what SteamRep thinks, but I don't 100% agree.

If you cannot agree with anything I have said here, I'll be at my new account, with a clean slate. Perhaps I can show that I can be a law-abiding trader rather than a trader who tries to scam people. However, I will start apologizing to every single person I can find that I attempted to scam.

Sincerely,
    RetroRuoy