1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198041250612 - Cuttlefish (SOP Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Cuttlefish, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40492442
    | steamname: Cuttlefish
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:40492442
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041250612
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thecuttlefish
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198041250612

Hello! I'm Cuttlefish, and I'm here today to appeal my current status as a SOP Scammer.
    Why are you marked?
    I am marked for scamming a few hats for a fake Minecraft code, and impersonation. These events occurred a year and half ago. More details of these cases can be seen HERE and HERE.
    What do you have to say for yourself?
    The Minecraft code happened after I had been selling legitimate Minecraft codes for a while, and had just sold my last one. All of a sudden, I noticed a person paying well over whatever the market price back then was, and greed took over from there. I still can't justify my actions - but I can do my best to attempt to amend myself. I have paid back the person who I scammed, and I have been forgiven by them, which in no way entirely cleared by conscience; however, it certainly helped.
    Why do you feel you should be unmarked?
    I feel I should be unmarked as I am genuinely sorry for what I have done, the wrong I have caused, and any events that have taken place due to what I have done. I'd never scam someone again, regardless of the value at stake, and if I somehow had the possibility to erase the wrongs I committed and live that moment again differently, I'd take it for sure. It really doesn't feel good to be labeled as a scammer, and I would do anything to get a clean slate – 500+ days of being SR-marked definitely makes you think about what you've done. Some points to note about what I have done since that time -
    - I have kept a 100% clean trading record since that day.
    - I have helped keep the community clean by helping report scammers (most notably Outpost - not anymore though, as I am banned, so now I have to add admins directly to report someone as a scammer), warning people in danger of being scammed about scammers, assisting people who have been marked, show them how to write reports and the like - the most important one being Pfc. Hemman, victim of a chargeback scammer who scammed roughly $3K of items before stopping/being stopped.
    - I am a former TF2-FGT (TF2 Free Giveaway Trades) admin - this is (or maybe was? I haven't checked in a while) a rather large giveaway group. My responsibilities as admin included collecting donations, holding giveaways, etc... I was relieved of my duties due to the very tag I am currently appealing.
    - I have held high-value items for a variety of people, given a lot of trade advice (although that doesn't mean much, I guess) and generally attempted to be a nice person to every trader I have met.
    - I have traded with a large variety of high-profile traders, and accumulated an impressive amount of profile rep (although this doesn't mean much either - just wanted to note it).
    - I run a TF2 advice thread on the Steam Forums with over 1000 posts and 50k views, not too relevant but still showing I'm not the same kind of person I once was!
    - I have paid back the person who I scammed , and have been forgiven by them, something which I feel very happy about and hopefully will count for something in this appeal. Proof of this is provided below (in the form of screenshots), as well as proof of warning others about scammers!
    Why do you want to be unmarked?
    I would like to be unmarked as I am tired of being called scum, banned from every trading site/server in history, and just simply being regarded as a bad guy. I'm tired of having to explain my tag to almost everyone I meet, trade with or speak to. Even trading with friends is impossible due to the possibility of a tag – one of my IRL friends was given a Caution for a small trade with me, which is in line with SR policy for sure, but for me it feels terrible knowing I'm responsible for this in every way, by getting myself marked and agreeing to trade. I've quit big-time trading anyway after getting my Community Luger - I'll only be doing small hat trades and the like, to sell off what I have left. I would like to end my trading career as I started it - with a good reputation, and a clean SR page.
    Do you have anything to say to the admin dealing with your case?

Yes, I do actually! Feel free to add me regarding any details in this case, if you have questions, or if you feel something is not quite clear - I'll help you as much as I possibly can. If you would like an offline version of this report, I shall be happy to provide you with an RTF document of it (RTF should open in any word processing program, so don't worry if you don't have Word). If you don't feel my appeal is sufficient - please explain to me what I can do to improve, I'll do anything within my power. I would like to end my trading career on a positive note, and for me, a clean SR would be necessary for this. Thanks for reading, and look forward to speaking with you soon. chat1.PNG chat2.PNG chat3.PNG comment.PNG payback.PNG warning1.PNG warning2.PNG
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Not a rep thread, also appeal denied. found many more older reports on you then are listed on your sr profile.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.