1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198041617406 Athorley7 (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by athorley7, May 29, 2013.

1. athorley7

athorley7 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40675839
    | steamname: athorley7
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:40675839
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041617406
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198041617406

A few weeks back i entered a trade for which i possessed what i believed to be a natural selection 4 pack gift in return i would receive the following 1x bioshock infinite key and a tomb raider key. Upon my trade i redeemed the keys first then handed over the gift, when mew redeemed this it turned out that he/she did not receive an extra 3 copies of the game therefore i told he/she to contact steam support. I was unaware of there not being a natural selection 4 pack as the details on the gift did state it so however steam confirmed that it did in fact not exist. Mew contacted me a few days later and i refused to reimburse them, what i did i realise now disgusts me and i am ashamed of it this is not like me and i have learnt from this (hopefully the positive rep on both my steam account and steamtrades account will serve to highlight this fact) and can say this will never happen again. After talking with mew i have returned a few gifts and apologised and intend to do whatever i can to sooth this harsh trade experience. I hope that the evidence below will can be taken into consideration and i can sincerely pledge that this was a one time occurrence and definitely not an intentional scam.

mew ap.png
  2. athorley7

Steam:
  3. athorley7

Steam:
    I know i should be patient but i would just like to add that i didn't go into this deal with the intention of stealing their hard eared money and games im not a scammer like this and i really feel disturbed that i have let myself be branded the same the outcome was still my fault i wish i hadn't of refused to reimburse mew but i did and not a day goes by now that i wish i hadn't but please i ask the mods/admins to take the following into consideration:

1. On the scam report mew made and in the screenshot of our conversation he had provided i had told him to immediately contact steam support (Hopefully something you can agree a scammer wouldn't do)
    2. All other deals i have made and apparent from my +rep on both steam trades and my steam profile show that this was a one time occurrence on the part of my stupidity and my rash and unthoughtful decision but that i am not an intentional scammer.
    3. I have been scammed before immediately of which after scamming me the scammer used the "block all communication" feature on me. If i was intentionally scamming mew surely i would have done the same? But i did stay in contact with mew who stills remains on my friends list now.
    4. I have reimbursed mew with items and intend to do as much as i can to sooth this bad trade experience. I realise the error of my ways and i really don't want to branded a scammer that steal others hard earned money and games with the intention of blocking them and never returning their items, this is not who i am and hopefully the above might go some way as to prove this when this appeal is being evaluated.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    can you have the user post saying they were repaid and when (date)?
    do you have any additional steam accounts?
    do you know of any additional steam accounts that can be linked to you, even if not yours?
    have you been reported or banned for anything else other then this game trade issue?
    was this you who verified it or the victim?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    I cannot process this appeal without additional followup, please followup.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    2 week notice to followup.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    Friendly reminder to followup, I also banned your alternate account for now.
  8. athorley7

Steam:
    I did pay back what was lost and what we agreed on as repayment, and i still deeply regret the way i messed up, it was not intentional.

Attached Files:

9. athorley7

Steam:
    Is there any update on how we can proceed with this? thanks.
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    You can add me on steam.
  12. athorley7

Steam:

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      272.4 KB
      Views:
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    doing .. and reposting the image won't speed anything up.
    Be patient and wait for a proper response by the appeals admin.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  14. athorley7

Steam:
    I initially forgot to include the taskbar in my screenshot, my apologies again.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    perfectly ok - I'll just remove the first one for you.
    Thanks!
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be dropped.
    User is aware and has acknowledged, further transgressions will result in being retagged without the possibility to appeal again.

Appeal granted.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**