1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined 76561198042636479 (spy)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Professor Hax, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Professor Hax

Professor Hax New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56513459
    Victim-
    |steamID: Professor Hax
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:56513459
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073292646
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198073292646

Scammer-
    |steamID: Spy
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:41185375
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042636479
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198042636479

Well I have no pic, I know i know Im stupid, I havent even thought he was scamming when he offered me 65 dollars for one of my #44 hats. I thought, cool I never got money before! In trade he told me a ake debit card number and told me he would give the other numbers to use it later after trade. I was a fool and accepted it and the next thing you know he took off! Currently it is traded to a friend and now has it up for trade. If you see it is crafted by Professor Hax plz plz plz help and tell him if he doesnt know its scammed or everyone on a server that its scammed. Screen Shot 2012-11-19 at 3.28.59 PM.png
  2. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42192766
    I am helping Professor Hax on this report.

I was on the server as Professor hax was chasing the guy who is accused of scamming the #44 moral fiber hat. Took note of his steam 32 and the time on the Rawr server. viewing the chat logs and talking with Hax shows that he was chasing him immediately after the scam occured.

1: spy's rawr chat condenced: [​IMG]

2: Prof Hax chat condenced: [​IMG]

here we see spy gloating about his scam and saying he jsut crafted it. he leaves as soon as hax catches up to him and makes his profile friends only.
    3. [​IMG]

here is a picture of him on outpost trying to sell it.
    4. [​IMG]

but now i looked for where it is currently and it is here.
    5. [​IMG]

this guy lucky 139 has it.
    |steamID: ๖ۣۜLucky139
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:42482482
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045230693
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045230693

further digging indicates that they are "bussiness buddies" who share profits. he might know him in real life as he asks him to call him.
    screen shot of comments on lucky's profile
    6. [​IMG]

again more evidence of brokering and possible scamming.
    lucky trading the #44 moral fiber scammed from Hax
    7.[​IMG]

and 8. sharing unusuals
    [​IMG]

I hope this is helpful and i wish Hax the best. If you have any questions please contact me.
    7. [​IMG]
  3. john yan

john yan New User

I've bought the two unusuals and the two moral fibers for a total of 90 USD and BO2 and got the staff and the medic misc as a gift.
    I am not aware of how error obtained these as all I know is that he gives me deals on things he usually gets as long as i do little favors whenever he needs them. I am in no way connected to him except that he is in the same township (He attends the highschool while I'm in junior high). I never questioned his means in attaining things since i believed it irrelevant.

I was made aware of this thread when error called me and spoke of this to me. Whether he pleads innocent or not, I am not aware but I have over 500 hours of TF2 and own two other games. I am in no position to scam nor assist in one. Ive obtained all my unusuals legally and have even been scammed out of a fetti sultan before (xel'naga if he's still trading). Never have I done a money trade in my TF2 career.
  4. john yan

john yan New User

Btw I forgot to mention that I am Lucky139. I have people in my friends list in no way connected to error that can attest to my case.
  5. Professor Hax

Professor Hax New User

Steam:
    The thing is Lucky, you have mine.
  6. Professor Hax

Professor Hax New User

Steam:
    I realize you might have been cheated buying a scammed one, In all means I will give you something for your kidness if you do.
  7. Professor Hax

Professor Hax New User

Steam:
    If anything we will try to get what you lost back.
  8. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41185375
    As you may know, this is your beloved Spy, gentlemen. I comprehend the aura of the situation right now; however, what I cannot grasp is why you never bothered to verify whether or not the prepaid Visa was valid or not. It is, as a matter of fact, valid and I do have an exhibition for you all, showing the time stamps of when Professor Hax checked its validity twice within two minutes. Unfortunately, you all are unaware of Professor Hax's recent withdraw of $42.75, leaving a measly $2.30 after reporting me for scamming. I was unaware that paying through cash and credit was legal until a fellow trader linked me directly to the trade forums hosted by a supposed Valve employee Drunken F00l. Due to the fact that I was so wary of being caught using cash, I immediately blocked all connections with Professor Hax. My profile has been solely available to friends of mine for quite a long time, so I do not see how that is the slightest problem; often "Friends of friends" is more easily managed, however, that is not the point. Regarding Professor Hax claim that I offered $65, which is the equivalent of 2 buds, as you all know, nobody in their right mind would offer such a ridiculous sum of money for a unique Lacking Moral Fibre #44. I speculated that the prices would rise to at least 1 bud so I offered a flat forty-five dollars in USD.
    I also told him that I had been saving up, this has been my reusable prepaid debit card from March; however, the date is showing May for some reason; and I have been adding small funds monthly since. I am quite disappointed at how my first usage of cash has had such an abruptly scandalous outcome, not only due to the fact that I was accused of scamming, but also because the withdrawing of funds occurred not long after I was accused. I plead innocent, for I have solid evidence supporting my claim. Professor Hax should be questioned on whether or not it is, in fact, a fake debit card. Here is the exhibition for evidence:[​IMG]
  9. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

Steam:
    I also added Nobel so that he could perform a background check on me, but he ignored my friend request. I am the proud owner of 44 games and have played well over 1000 hours of Team Fortress 2. Team Fortress 2 is by far my favorite game (as you can clearly see through the comparison of hours played) by far and so I would never be so stupid as to jeopardizing my ability to play.
  10. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

Steam:
    Also, I have donated to TF2Outpost, so I don't see why I'd risk being banned from it.
  11. DaedalusMinion

DaedalusMinion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41776946
    That Paypal transaction looks pretty legit. But we still have to confirm that it is indeed Professor Hax's paypal or someone else's. That can easily be faked.

Just trying to clear things up.
  12. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    I added your main account spy as well as lucky's. i tried contacting you last night to help get your side of the story but you first idled then went offline. I never received a friend request from you. Thanks for submitting your screen shots. Professor hax, please explain your version given this new evidence.
  13. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    Professor hax said in his version of the story that some information was left out that prevented him from getting the funds. He also says that he was following you jumping servers and thats when you changed your profile to friends only.

Of course this is all heresay and i cant verify wheather this is true or not.

9:57 AM - Professor Hax: The deal was supposed to be that he would give me a prepaid debit card with 65$ on it
    9:58 AM - Professor Hax: He gave me the so called "number" and said I have to accept trade first
    9:58 AM - Professor Hax: I didnt
    9:58 AM - Professor Hax: But he said he would file a steam rep and I would get banned because now I have his "number"
    9:58 AM - Professor Hax: He didnt give me the social thing and the other thing needed
    9:59 AM - Professor Hax: I accepted it and the next thingI know
    9:59 AM - Professor Hax: He left like a cheetah chasing his pray :(
    9:59 AM - Nobel: so he left, defriended and blocked you
    9:59 AM - Nobel: and so you chased him from server to server?
    9:59 AM - Professor Hax: yes
    9:59 AM - Nobel: or did it happen on the rawr server
    9:59 AM - Professor Hax: and then I met yo
    10:00 AM - Professor Hax: he was on rawr and i went on his profile to chase hima and I joined rawr
    10:00 AM - Professor Hax: Cause it said he was there
    10:00 AM - Professor Hax: But now only friends can see it -_-

Could it be that there was a delay in funds being sent or a misunderstanding?
    Onus is on Professor Hax now.

Spy, I hope that we can resolve this and clear everything up. I'm not on his or your side, i just want to make sure both parties were honest in this transaction. If/when you are cleared, i apologize for any inconvenience.
  14. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

Steam:
    I thank you for being so comprehensive, Nobel. You've truly earned my respect. This following anecdote is my perspective of this situation:
    I saw on a server that somebody had just crafted a #44 Moral Fibre Mask, which of course caught my attention mainly because a friend of mine had purchased Dishonored and had naught to do with the promotional items. Anyhow, I detailed to Professor Hax the usage of the prepaid Visa that I had offered for his hat. I believe there was a misunderstanding as to the price, which I offered, due to a type; however, in hindsight, Professor Hax's investment in my payment has yielded him much profit. Seemingly, the exhibition that I inserted into my previous post included an email address of mine and a valid URL, thus I doubt that I could have withdrawn the funds, $42.75. I have a limited Paypal account which has been limited henceforth April 3rd, which completely invalidates the possibility that I withdrew funds from the account when it is clearly shown that the card was first activated on May 13th; perhaps I was just mistaken when I thought I activated it during March, which is when I purchased it.
  15. Professor Hax

Professor Hax New User

Steam:
    How would I be able to use your "debitcard" when you never gave me the social security and what not to use it? All you gave me is the number. And i can show my email showing I havent spent anything with the price of 45 dollars. THats my history of all the stuff I have bought,gotten and stuff Screen Shot 2012-11-20 at 2.56.08 PM.png
  16. Professor Hax

Professor Hax New User

Steam:
    Who ever yoused that then who was the name who took it out and sent to? I dont even live In Cali.
  17. john yan

john yan New User

Nobel, as of now I can't respond to your request since i'm on a 1 week gaming ban. I'm using an old Windows XP computer and I'll try to install and run Steam as soon as possible (I don't have admin privilages as my parents carefully monitor my computer history). The latest should be around Friday.

However I'd just like to say that I want to refrain from any direct involvement in the case until the situation is sorted out. I'll try to refrain from selling the items, though I am hesitant upon any returns considering that I used most of my allowance from the last three months and even forfeited a new game I just got. Had I realized it would come to this, believe me I would have never taken this upon myself.
  18. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

Steam:
    On November 17th, you have a number of transactions; would you please explain to me what they are? And also, this if your supposed log from your email in which emails can be deleted at any time. Please do not take me to be a fool. I clearly stated both the expiration date and pin number in the act upon completing the trade; if not so, why did you add me on Steam? What use would we have of a chat box when we could just use the trade chat? Simply because after the trade, I immediately messaged you the credentials through chat instead of waiting for a 30 second interval before sending another trade. I then blocked all communication between you and I mistakenly thinking that money transactions in Team Fortress 2 were illegal. Also, I believe that my profile was already only available to friends. Your transactions during November 17th accumulate to a sum exceeding $70 in USD.

This undignified reporting of my is quite insulting when you have insufficient evidence to even support your claim. Hopefully, you'll come to this realization and cease this nonsense; I refuse to play the game until this matter is resolved. I do not want my steamrep.com page to be tainted, especially after I lost the trust of an acquaintance of mine, John Yan (Lucky139).

John, I am so sorry about this misunderstanding and for getting you involved in this; I sincerely hope that you'll be able to forgive me for causing such a disruption to your studies and gaming. I'm well aware that you're studying hard to pass Chemistry H with an average above 90%, so please forgive me, friend.
  19. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy

Steam:
    Professor Hax, you and I are both aware that a social security number is not necessary in order to use a prepaid debit card if it is not necessary for purchases and transactions of the norm. Please do not make yourself look naive by throwing about disjointed retorts. As your assistant Nobel once stated, "give respect, earn respect."
    I rest my case.
  20. john yan

john yan New User

Error (spy or whatever other name you use) quite honestly I was actually really pissed when you brought me into this. You've literally threatened my trading privileges and almost even got me MARKED. Mostly though it's because you made me lose a bit of sleep over this. -___-

Youve killed a bit of trust I had in you but then again I can't completely say I hate you because you might not have even done anything bad. I'm going to refrain trading with you for a bit but I accept your apology. I know you're a really good guy in person so don't take it personally, it's just that I'd rather not be involved in these types of trades again since so many things can go wrong with money. But we can always still go dustbowl together every Friday lol. Again it's all good
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.