1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected 76561198044206950 The Noob Tuber (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ACC 430, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACC 430

ACC 430 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41970611
    steamID: The Noob Tuber steamID32: STEAM_0:0:41970611 steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044206950 customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BOTECC steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044206950

I was just handling some reports directed at me yesterday, and I found that I'm marked as a scammer for having "a scammer alt".

I found it quite puzzling,as the guy Im tagged with was in fact impersonating ME.

I do have an alt for holding onto the rare crates, and one more for idling.

What I dont understand is why I am considered to have a scammer alt, when I had nothing to do with him in the past, and he is actually impersonating me.

I do have a pending investigation against me going on at this time, and I have good reason to believe that the victim was scammed by my impersonator. I proved that I never did any trades with the victims during the time period which they got scammed.

I just want to clear things up, and hopefully get my tag removed because I am a honest trader, and the impersonator was definitely not my alt.
  2. ACC 430

ACC 430 New User

Steam:
  3. Rice_5

Rice_5 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33709694
  4. ACC 430

ACC 430 New User

Steam:
    It had just come to my attention that the wireless internet password set by my roomate might not be the best in the world. Just saying that there is a slight possibility that my network was compromised. Just changed the password and now Im hoping for the best.
  5. ACC 430

ACC 430 New User

Steam:
    Go somewhere else. That thread is still pending as far as I know, and I did not trade you at all as I proved.
  6. Blob

Blob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52344678
    I know my input probably wont make any difference... But I feel I should probably point this out anyway. I've read the previous thread Rice_5, all your evidence seems very convoluted and confusing to me. But that's entirely besides the point.

I come here today, to post this, not to help a friend or to vouch for him, or to inconvenience a dude who (possibly) got scammed, I'm trying as best as I can to remain completely objective here. All I'm going to say is this:

I've traded with Ellis (The Noob Tuber) before, more than once, in fact, we trade on a pseudo-regular basis. Trades involving, Keys, Cash and all-sorts else. Occasionally I've gone first, occasionally I've just said; "Hey dude, need x keys please" and he'd trade me the keys and then I'd pay him.

You may notice, in the screenshots he provided on the other thread, bulk Key trades involving a guy who's name begins with a B. That would be me. Now the point I'm trying to put across here is; He seems to be a pretty legit guy, none of the many (many) trades that I've conducted with him have gone wrong (at all). So it leaves me, personally, to the conclusion that you were in fact trading with an impersonator.

Ellis impersonating himself is a concept that makes little sense to me, why it should to anyone else god knows. I mean.. why would anyone intentionally incriminate themselves? as opposed to, oh idk, someone else with lots of rep who can't be linked back to them?

Anyway, I don't have much rep, haven't been using Steam or TF2 that long, I've got no actual proof to provide in his defence. All I can say, in summary; I've traded with him before, several times, nothing has ever gone wrong, he seems trustworthy.

I urge you, Admins, Mods, and indeed victim to at least consider the fact that perhaps you're wrongly accusing someone as opposed to actually dealing with the issue at hand; the impersonator of a trusted TF2 trader. I urge you to at the least find out whether or not the Alt, the one who actually scammed, (the impersonator) actually shares the same IP address as the main account and other linked Alts. If so, I'll be surprised.
  7. Rice_5

Rice_5 New User

Steam:

Yes I think that that would be fair. But also, I'm sorry if everything seemed a bit confusing its just that I had a torrent of information and wasn't the best at sorting it all out. And luckily for you, you had trades that actually worked out. Originally (you can see this in the image below) He wanted me to go first because he had lots of rep, (3 pages) and since he had that much rep I thought that it would be okay to go first, and unfortunately he deleted me as soon as I sent the items.

[​IMG]

So as you can see on the image below, the trading log in my inventory clearly says "Ellis CC" who traded the boston boom bringer, team captain, and the strange festive scattergun. Upon searching "Ellis CC" on Steam I found the only user to be The Noob Tuber. If someone was in fact impersonating Ellis, then how come a search for Ellis CC only came up with one result? The only other account that comes up when I search "[BOT] Ellis KFC" is a different account that has never changed its name to "Ellis CC", and "Ellis CC" is the person that I traded with according to a screenshot of my inventory history. Therefore ruling out any chance of there being an impersonator.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Rice_5

Rice_5 New User

Steam:
    you have REALLY big guts saying that. I just showed all the evidence here it and it 100% true that I traded you and I was scammed by YOU. Do you know that lying to everyone during an investigation AND photoshopping screenshots of your inventory history are against steamrep rules? And if any of the mods/admins want me to prove that MY inventory history is real, then I will gladly do a skype screensharing session with them and show them that I was in fact SCAMMED BY YOU

[​IMG]
  9. Rice_5

Rice_5 New User

Steam:
    I'll be expecting a $52 paypal payment to my paypal account from you with the comment: "for electronic purposes, not charging back" unless you'd like to take this argument further and to Valve, where my friend will be personally dealing with you then.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Denied for lying during appeal, you have been linked so many ways to the other account (76561198052010523) and you blatantly lying about it leaves me no choice but to outright deny your appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.