1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198044341234 -hg- COBALT (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by -hg- COBALT, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Okay, I realize that I made a terrible mistake of scamming this dude, cyperix93, but now i have repaid him with 25 USD, as shown in red in the Paypal screenshot. After he had contacted me, and gotten me banned and marked, I agreed to repay him, plus more. I therefore sent him 25 dollars, which more than covered the price of the keys. My scam report is here
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198044341234-hg-cobalt.5351/

So again, I have repaid my debt with extra, and have the necessary evidence from Paypal. Even ask cypherix93, and he will say yes, I did repay him, unless he is scamming me. Admins, I beg you please consider my request.

steamID: -hg- COBALT
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:42037753
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044341234
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1725COBALT
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044341234

Attached Files:

2. Dignity

Dignity New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32040721
    Paying someone of what you stole from them is not a free-pass. Even if you give more than what you owed.
  3. Mr.Rager

Mr.Rager New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17362955
    I agree with Dignity, paying someone after you scammed them is more like a bribe or just paying your way out of the scammer tag.
  4. Starburst

Starburst New User

@ranger: I have seen when its clearly a bribe (admit mostly for tag reductions) and times its actually meaningful (mistake made), it really depends on the manor of returning items (intervention or not) the original incident (premeditated or spur the moment) when they return the items (the sooner the better, days or less do make a difference rather then months or years) prior offenses, and other circumstances related. no matter the length of time tho, its still the right thing to do even far down the road when it has less impact. I have not reviewed the case at hand tho.
  5. Mr.Rager

Mr.Rager New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17362955
    I don't usually buy it. Reason is because they know they have been caught and will only give back the items in the hope of getting their mark removed. If he wasn't caught and marked, I doubt he would feel any remorse and would have never paid the victim back.
  6. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    i would have paid him anyway. just the fact that i didn't even actually have the money at the time, i was trying to buy myself some time so i could make a deposit to paypal for payment.
  7. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    please, what can i do to get the mark removed? ill do anything. literally. ill even give money to the tf2 outpost or any other steam site.
  8. edgar allen poe

edgar allen poe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19214142
    You can't buy your way out of a scammer tag. Do not waste time trying to tell everyone how you are honest now and would never do such a thing, even if you were not marked. The only evidence for you is coming from your mouth, which holds absolutely no weight.
  9. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    dude, i never said i would buy my way out. im simply wondering if theres anything i can do to get the tag removed. ive been a member of steam for 1 year, and iwould like a second chance. ive paid my debts. yes, you´re probobly gonna ask me why i deserve that. i dunno. i just ask for a second chance. you can like put me on probation for 1 year or even 10 years. ill never commit another offense to anyone. and besides, im only 12 years old.​
  10. Plague Doctor

Plague Doctor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24244719
    Well 12 years old friend, here's a lesson of how the world works: Sometimes, when u screw up things, there's nothing u can do to restore them. Even if you are 12 and promise to never do it again. Have fun.
  11. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    so what your saying is that theres no way to get the red tag removed?
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Opinions on topics do not reflect SR's policies. I'm locking the appeal topic till due time that a admin can take the appeal.
    - Paying back the victim (in items) is required policy of SR with a appeal. There is NO need to "overpay"/"bribe", the only thing required is the victim acknowledging that he got returned his loss. If the victim isn't willing to acknowledge, we can still contact them.
    - While paying back is policy of SR, it has no bearing on the final decision, for that the whole case will be weighted and the admin's feel for the case. So indeed, the paying back isn't guarantee to be lifted of a mark. But at the same time the appeal still can be accepted. In short, it does improve chances, depending on the timeframe.

Once a admin re-opens the appeal, he'll have questions after investigating. Please note all around the case, for I'm closing this topic, and you cannot add them till re-opened. For these appeals are no discussion topics, people are welcome to have a positive influence (asking questions and such to clarify related issues on the appeal) , but just accusatory (flaming, w/e) isn't what these appeals are about.

I do advice to put this thread on "watch" with email notification, so you recieve an email once its re-opened and replied to, for once a admin re-opens, you have a limited time to response. You can find the option on top right.
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Added me out of the clueless:

http://files.steamrep.com/1/2012-09/2012-09-04_23-51-17.png

Never tell your password to anyone.
    dinsdag 4 september 2012
    23:38 - DataStorm: wassup?
    23:38 - [ECC] COBALT: hello?
    23:38 - DataStorm: you added me
    23:38 - [ECC] COBALT: no, i did not
    23:39 - DataStorm: yes you did
    23:39 - [ECC] COBALT: no i did not. why would i need to?
    23:39 - DataStorm: before you went offline like 10 hours ago
    23:40 - [ECC] COBALT: no, i did not add anyone. the last person i added was dexeldragon, and that was 2 days ago
    23:40 - DataStorm: well
    23:40 - DataStorm: check your friends list
    23:40 - DataStorm: will say we're friends for less then 5 min's
    23:40 - DataStorm: http://steamcommunity.com/id/1725COBALT/friends
    23:40 - [ECC] COBALT: how do i view that?
    23:41 - DataStorm: hmm, shame, no date
    23:41 - DataStorm: hmm, blotter then
    23:41 - [ECC] COBALT: huh?
    23:41 - [ECC] COBALT: blotter?
    23:41 - [ECC] COBALT: it says friends since today
    23:42 - DataStorm: yeap
    23:42 - DataStorm: I know
    Your state is set to Offline.
    [ECC] COBALT is now Offline.
    Lost connection to Steam, will rejoin chat automatically when connection regained.
    Connected again and rejoined chat.
    DataStorm @ LAN | DND ==>> has changed their name to DataStorm.
    [ECC] COBALT is now Online.
    23:43 - DataStorm: cos I waited till you came online b4 accepting your invite
    23:44 - [ECC] COBALT: ok
    23:44 - DataStorm: ugh, new comm views... where the hell is the blotter gone :S
    23:45 - DataStorm: nah, nvm
    23:45 - DataStorm: well you added me for something
    23:45 - [ECC] COBALT: ok
    23:46 - [ECC] COBALT: i told you, i didnt
    23:46 - DataStorm: maybe to do with SR?
    23:46 - [ECC] COBALT: might
    23:46 - [ECC] COBALT: i dunno
    23:48 - DataStorm: k, well I'll remove you again.
    23:48 - [ECC] COBALT: ok
    [ECC] COBALT is now Offline.
  14. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this appeal and reduce your tag to a caution.
    Continued good behavior over the next six months or so may result in a complete removal. Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.