1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected 76561198045184903 Punis (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by punis, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punis

punis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42459587
    |steamID: Punis
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:42459587
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045184903
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jono198
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045184903

Below: Thread reporting me as a scammer.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198045184903-punis.14932/

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198045184903-punis.14809/#post-49319

Recently, I bought a nuts and bolts team captain, because I stupidly thought I could get away with quickswitching with my other team captain with hearts. The next day, I did a quickswitch trade ( see link 2 for more information) with a player. This player, later made a sourceop thread ( link 2) and I found myself in a 4 way voice call with [WP] VenGanZa, Mudguts and the player. We resolved the problem , by agreeing to reverse the trade completely. [WP] VenGanZa warned me that he would be keeping a close eye on me from now, checking to see if I was sharking, scamming ,etc. In all truthfulness, I agreed to this and promised not to scam, shark or do any other bad activities.

But later, it was brought to my attention, that another thread was made on Sunday(link 1). This was my first attempt to quickswitch my unusual team captain with nuts and bolts. Although this thread was made on Sunday, the actually date of the trade was Thursday 22nd of November. The other thread was made on Friday the 23rd of November. I was warned by [WP] VenGanZa that he was watching me and every activity I did from the trade till now. Little did i remember this attempt quickswitch with this other player would come back and haunt me.

I agree that I was warned about scamming,sharking and quickswitching from now on by [WP] VenGanZa.I didn't realise that this other player would post this thread after I had become clean of everything. I am appealing to get a caution tag, or if possible , to remove my sr scammer tag.

I have no screenshots, so if you guys ask me, i have none. There are some included in the links I've given above.

If you need more information, I'll be glad to accept the friend request and try fix this problem. Please allow me some time though as I may be busy.

Apologies if I got the lay-out of the application wrong, I'll correct it if someone tells me.
  2. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    So let me confirm this,

Venganza assisted in resolving your first quickswitch scam. He got the reporter to retract his report where you did the quickswitch and you got to walk with a warning by merely reverting the trade. So in regards to this report, no action was taken against you due to third party intervention.

However, the second report which surfaced, which involves your first attempt, this report was not retracted/resolved by a third party as Venganza chooses to action a ban at his community and thus we processed the report and your tag on SR.

I want to ignore Venganza's actions in this case. So now we take both scam attempts at face value. You have 2 reported scams on you, one successful. There is no doubt, you have scammed, very recently. Why would this warrant a caution tag or complete tag removal?
  3. punis

punis New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42459587
    I know I have scammed, but I was caught. Venganza told me to turn over and start a new leaf, free of sharking, scamming,etc. He said he'd watch me carefully. I started a new leaf free of everything bad, but them this thread was made, it just refered to the old me. I promise that I am free of scamming now. But even though I was a scammer, i undertand my tag. The tag being changed or removed is up to you or whoever is in charge of this thread. It would be nice if the tag would change or be removed, but if not, I totally understand
  4. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    You said you came clean with everything to Venganza.

Did you tell Venganza of all your scam attempts (including the first attempt) when he resolved the unusual team captain trade?
  5. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    He made no mention of the incident with Flamme (which is the reason he is now tagged).

I told him I would not give him any leeway if any further incident came to my attention, which I why I posted in Flamme's thread.

I do not care which incident came 1st, the fact of the matter is he attempted "quickswitch" on two distinct occasions, and was VERY lucky we gave him the benefit of the doubt in the first instance. Now that there is a second almost identical instance, I have no reason to believe he was genuine the first time. He did not mention of any dealings with Flamme, and if this came later, it amounts to the same thing: he did not heed Mudguts or myself in voice chat, and now he pays the price.
  6. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    It actually is important whether he had told you that he had disclosed all his attempts, including the first one which you eventually banned him on. Leniency involving a high tier unusual trade and a high tier quickswitch which rendered the first report archived was a risky step. Regardless of whether the trade was reverted, he should have been tagged. I am sure your actions may have been different if he had disclosed ALL his original attempts when you were telling him you would keep a close eye on him.

With that said, this appeal is highly premature. I do not see what case you actually do have. It has only been approximately a week since reports have come in. An unusual team captain quickswticher having changed his ways in a week? Each report (from approximately a week ago) show highly deliberate, pre-meditated switch attempts. There is only decision for this appeal. It does not need to be explored further. The tag is 100% justified.

Appeal denied. However, an appeal can be entertained in 12 months, if no additional scammer/shady behaviour reports come up on you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.