1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198045758530 kahoks_owns (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by kahoks_owns, May 24, 2012.

1. kahoks_owns

kahoks_owns New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42746401
    steamID: Kahoks_owns
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:42746401
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045758530
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198045758530

Hello I am kahoks and today I have decided to appeal a scammer tag that I received for "not upholding my agreement" If I may explain from start to finish so I do not miss any details as this is my only chance to do this. Ok so hoodsie who I have known for a while asked me to broker his unusual. I love trading so I agreed. He knew I can sell unusuals quick so I was able to sell his stormy storm professional panama to a purple energy blokes bucket helm. At the time stormy was considered bad so I did what I would do and upgrade and did just that. He claimed I made a bad trade so he asked for a bud for free. I explained to hoodsie that the trade was a good one but he refused to hear it and claimed he had 4bud offers on his panama. I didn't think giving a free bud was really needed. So I kinda just avoided the subject of giving him free items. It all came down to a day were I got home from work and he happen to be on the same time I was. And he spammed me with multiple messages asking for 8buds claiming I had a moon stash and I could "afford" it and I kinda just looked at the message for a second and just thought to my self. But then he lowered his 8 bud claim to a max and bud (claiming it was his dream backpack) so I unwillingly agreed (thats were I made my mistake) and he took the matter to a person named swampfox who is a donator here at steamrep. He talked to me said hes seen this a lot and that I did not have to give him any items nor would I receive a tag. So I went about my business. knowing Hoodsie lost the battle with swampfox I forgot about the whole matter. Then he showed me a link to steamrep. Thats were the link to a report for me was there. Claiming I did a bad trade and I need to give him free items. And I feel thats not right. Even when a donator (i know he is only a donator) but the donator claimed to be talking to the admins of steamrep about the matter and said the admins said "you do not have to pay up" but hoodsie took it all the way to were I am now. I do understand hoodsie wants free items I mean who doesn't want free items. But I told the steamrep I can GLADLY do a single bud for his troubles but he refused and so did Helen the admin at the time doing the report and investigating it. I get that I made this "promise" but I feel a max and a bud is just to much as I can not afford that much when I have to be cashing out soon due to damages done to my car in a recent golf ball size hail storm (if any one is doubting that I do have pics and videos of news report in MY area (st.louis) that can prove other wise) so I have been slowly cashing out taking big hats turning into cash and little hats. Now I can afford a bud but a max and a bud would hurt me to much I hope a admin understands were I'm coming from. If I could be down graded to a caution tag that would be better.

-Thanks and all regards from Kahoks.
  2. Hng. - SO GODAMN BORED

Hng. - SO GODAMN BORED New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41344963
    First of all, this 'brokering' process has been going on for MORE than 2 months. Hoodsie from what I had read traded you his stormy panama for your p. energy Berliners as a temporary swap for brokering purposes. You had agreed to broker the unusual for him and there is always a risk in buying/selling unusuals. The price of unusuals can rise or drop rapidly. The fact is you failed to sell the panama and didn't want to repay Hoodsie after you 'messed up'. Also what's this BS on not being able to afford a Max and bud because of your little hail on car issue if this situation happened over the course of at least 2 months? Besides, you already have had been marked previously with a caution tag for trading dishonesty here:

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198045758530-kahoks_owns.878/#post-2911

Not to mention I've dealt with you before and sure as f✿✿✿ you were dishonest.
  3. kahoks_owns

kahoks_owns New User

Steam:
    I'll explain this so even you can understand hng. HE gave me the panama to sell I SOLD it for the blokes.
  4. Starburst

Starburst New User

locked until an admin takes the case.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I'm taking the appeal, investigating. Please respond on the thread that you still follow, i've unlocked it.
  6. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

If by saturday no response on thread, the appeal will be denied.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Reopened the appeal, appealant explained why he could not respond in time to my request to add me.

As I'm very busy lately and have a pretty full schedule, I wont have time soon to do the full investigation.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  9. kahoks_owns

kahoks_owns New User

Steam:
    I am back now.
  10. Hoodsie

Hoodsie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33184636
    You didn't uphold your end of the agreement, and I'm not sure why your even appealing.
  11. kahoks_owns

kahoks_owns New User

Steam:
    I can appeal if I want to Hoodsie
    -Thanks Kahoks
  12. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    From my understanding of the situation. You asked kahoks to broker your hat. He did so you didn't like the outcome. And then you talked him into promising to pay the difference of the hats.

In my personal opinion that is absolutely your fault. You asked him to broker it and he did. Just because YOU didn't like the outcome doesn't mean he deserves a tag. Also he wouldn't have to give you the extra buds or whatever anyway. There is no debt or anything. he sold your hat and just because you didn't like what you got doesn't mean he should pay for it. Next time don't trust someone with your hat.

If I give my Burning TC to someone to broker and they sell it for 50 buds pure yes... I'd be VERY upset but you know what? it was my choice to let them broker it.

This is just my opinion based on what may be very minimal knowledge of this situation.
  13. Hoodsie

Hoodsie New User

Steam:
    I allowed him to broker my hat since I didn't like messing with unusuals at the time. When I found out he made a bad deal I was mad and asked him if he would make up the difference since he messed up. The 8 buds cause he could afford it was a joke and it was in the last appeal he made. He also wouldn't have a tag if he didn't agree to making it up and then not doing so, also the other multiple times he lied to other people also didn't help him.
  14. kahoks_owns

kahoks_owns New User

Steam:
    Multiple ummm no it was only once and we got that resolved with gumby as I gave what i owed him. So hoodsie you have no need to come in my appeal and post hate messages so if you would gladly read the rules on the appeal a judgement thread it would be gladly appreciated.

-kahoks (have a good day mate)
  15. Hoodsie

Hoodsie New User

Steam:
    Not hate messages just a fact that you are dishonest with most people you trade with. Also I feel I can post in this thread since you decided not to uphold your agreement with ME, so you got yourself the tag.
  16. PinkiePieTheEerieGuy

PinkiePieTheEerieGuy Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40308058
    hoodsie, please calm down, you DID let him broker the hat. It was a knowing gamble that you willingly went with, and you lost, and unlike most gambler's, you still came out on top overall. I see no reason why he needs a mark.
  17. kahoks_owns

kahoks_owns New User

Steam:
    Any update on whos taking the appal
  18. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    be patient. People take a long time for their appeals. For example, the man above you... Pinkie Pie... Got marked in JULY... 4 months ago. and his appeal still hasn't even been taken yet. If you complain admins will be less likely to take your appeal
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Not true. Some have less patience etc. and will bump/ask on their topic, which won't be detrimental to their appeal.

As for the question: I told Kahok already some time ago that I have currently not the time to research, but that doesn't mean that his appeal is not with me anymore.
  20. Smoothieblit

Smoothieblit New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43430211
    I am not 100% sure of the exact events that may have occurred on this case, but if it was a one time mistake, i clearly understand. But I see 2 scammer reports. If it seems to continue, and this attitude with trading seems that he will most likely attempt fishy things I do not see it as a good thing if the tags are off. This warns people that there were major incidents that may occur if you trade with this person. People need a warning, SR caution doesn't seem very suitable for the decisions Kahok took.