1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided 76561198047233797 (flawless charlie)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by ๖ۣۜKatniss, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Monkey 2

Monkey 2 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28883801

exactly how would his paypal get hijacked.
    its a obvious thing to have a different password for each account.
    The fact he hasnt had any time to even post on this thread is showing hes guilty.
  2. Nintendofreak526

Nintendofreak526 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41950779
    We can't assume his login information. We all have our different ways of thinking and remembering

Here's something to consider though: If someone stole $100 out of your pocket, would you run after the guy or blog about it on the internet? This would explain why he is rarely online.
  3. Monkey 2

Monkey 2 Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28883801

days have passed. sure i would find who did it but also post on the forums to claim his innocence. and to let people know he is working on it and there should be change coming soon.
  4. Nintendofreak526

Steam:
    He's offline, but i'll contact him about this thread and send him here.
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Were you scammed in this or have your own evidence? If not, please leave this to people involved in this issue. You are just making the issue more complex and that's not what is needed.

We have a responsibility to be sure that we do not tag people unfairly without evidence tying someone to a crime. As such, I gave a CAUTION initially to warn people. You wouldn't want us marking people with no more than a PayPal screenshot of someone's chargeback and a screenshot of some trade they made with you-- the two haven't been shown to be connected nor proof that it is the fellow's PayPal address. It's absolutely disappointing/irresonsible that there are no screenshots of the actual transaction to make this a more firm case of what was agreed, etc.

Without any context:
    • It's difficult to understand what was agreed by both parties
    • It's difficult to tie the email address listed for PayPal to the accused
    Yet given the chat you did provide and the timing of the transactions, I'll mark this account as a scammer until (if ever) the issue is worked out and the payment problems are sorted.

I'm leaving the thread open for now while we await more discussion with the accused and/or other chargebacks to come forward (hopefully with good screenshots of the agreements).
  6. Nintendofreak526

Steam:
    Fair enough. Hopefully Paypal will see that the chargebacks are all on the same date and will return the money. I sent them this thread as additional information.
  7. ๖ۣۜKatniss

๖ۣۜKatniss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20361202

Mattie see my screenshot for our paypal transaction. I specifically asked him to put his steamID in the chat to id himself. It tracks to his unique ID. and his confirmation that he purchased buds over paypal at least on my rep thread links him to that purchase. Though I understand to be thorough it would be much better to have an actual screenshot of the agreement, the evidence is still solid. Thanks for your help.
  8. ๖ۣۜKatniss

๖ۣۜKatniss New User

Steam:

Mattie see my screenshot for our paypal transaction. I specifically asked him to put his steamID in the comment box to id himself. It tracks to his unique ID. and his confirmation that he purchased buds over paypal at least on my rep thread links him to that purchase. Though I understand to be thorough it would be much better to have an actual screenshot of the agreement, the evidence is still solid. Thanks for your help.
  9. ๖ۣۜKatniss

๖ۣۜKatniss New User

Steam:
    We spend days on end having to deal with paypal on this chargeback, even if creed and I win our case, and get our money back, he would still be marked because HE did not refund the money himself and continues to be guilty of our original claim which is charging back for received goods. The action of a third party such as paypal doesn't redeem his intent to scam, in fact it only further proves that he made a fraudulent claim.
  10. Spectra

Spectra New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45912761
    Hey I don't understand how charlie is not already marked scammer and forget about the caution tags. Katniss screen shot of her paypal transaction with the charge back drectly has charlies steam id which is unique to his steam account. That direclty links his steam account and him to the transaction which was charged back for the pruchase which he even agreed not to charge back in the paypal payment containing his steam id!
  11. Nintendofreak526

Steam:
    I got my money back. Everyone check your funds. See? Paypal knows whats up.
  12. iiTzzCR33D |RAWR

iiTzzCR33D |RAWR New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50351614
    i still have -879.85 on my paypal balance
  13. Nintendofreak526

Steam:
    iiTzz, post here on what you pm'd me so we can all get a good view
  14. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Nintendofreak526, did he agree to pay you back or did PayPal handle that for you during the dispute?

No one has any screenshots of the actual trade agreement with this guy? It would be quite helpful for ensuring the tag is unquestionable.

For now, all of Katniss's screenshots are inadmissible as evidence, so the more we have from other parties would be helpful.
  15. Nintendofreak526

Steam:
    Paypal handled it. I received a email that stated:

"We have completed our investigation of the transaction below and were
    unable to find evidence of unauthorized access to the buyer’s account. This
    case was denied to the buyer and no funds were recovered from your account."
  16. iiTzzCR33D |RAWR

iiTzzCR33D |RAWR New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:50351614
    I still owe paypal the 879.85$ heres the email I got

Dear michael berrios,

Our records indicate that your PayPal Account has a negative balance of $879.85 due to a recent transaction.

It is very important that you address the balance on your account today to ensure continued availability of your PayPal Account and to avoid additional collection efforts.

To resolve your negative balance, follow the steps outlined below:

1. Access your account at PayPal.com
    2. Click the "Resolve your negative balance" link located next to your PayPal balance
    3. Select the "Add funds to your account" option and click "Continue"
    4. Select the "Add funds…" option that best suits your needs and click "Continue"
    5. Select your preferred payment method (Credit/Debit Card or Bank Account)
    6. Enter the payment amount and click "Continue"
    7. Click "Add Funds"