Under Review 76561198053709937 (Teeny Tiny Cat)

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by Teeny Tiny Cat, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat Backpack.tf admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: United Kingdom.
    Availability: Really varies. Some weeks zero, some weeks several hours. I have a full time job and when I'm free backpack.tf comes first and always will. I am unable to commit a huge amount of time to steamrep but I'm happy to help when I do have the time available.
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? I can follow the policy as it's written but if I disagree with it or feel a different approach would work better I will voice that in private channels. I can be argumentative, I won't lie. If I think things need changing I will push for changes.
    Foreign languages: Little bits of various things but nothing fluently.

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    I'm a nurse. I originally studied biochemistry and worked in labs, but I missed working with people so I decided to go back to university and retrain as a nurse a few years ago. I love my job so much and feel incredibly fortunate to be able to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable people everyday.

I guess I'm a bit of a weirdo for an admin role on any site, since I have little to no interest in programming, IT, etc. I dabbled a little when I was a teenager, and it's certainly interesting, but it's not what I ever wanted for a career. My passion is helping people and I'm good at being organised and efficient and finding ways to make things work better for the benefit of service users.

Main hobbies would be video games, reading, walking when I have the time. I'm also pretty obsessed with formula 1 and try to go to at least one race each year. I like cooking/baking when I'm not too lazy. Made a bunch of jam this weekend and I am currently crossing my fingers that it sets properly!​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    I won't lie, I have been dead against the idea of ever applying to steamrep for a long while. It's a thankless job and an endless amount of work with quite a rigid policy structure which is slow to change. I've always felt that I could make a much bigger difference on backpack.tf than I could here and I think I have managed to do that.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    I am hesitantly offering my help sorting through the backlog of old appeals. I cannot promise X amount of hours per week. I will always be prioritising real life/work and backpack.tf over any steamrep duties. But with that proviso I have still been encouraged to apply. So here we are. I would like to help our wider community as much as I'm able to given my prior commitments.​

Past administrative experience:
    I am admin on both backpack.tf and tf2outpost.com and an SCA for backpack.tf.

I have extensive experience handling scam reports and appeals, and I am familiar with steamrep rules and policy through partner working, though I am sure there's still plenty to learn (and plenty to argue about :p)​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)
    Currently active as admin:
    I have played some form of mod or admin role on a host of sites through the last 15+ years but I'm not gonna list them here as they're mostly unrelated to gaming/trading.​

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    No.​

Other questions or comments:
    Nothing in particular. Happy to answer any questions.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  3. Pomf | Woifibot

Pomf | Woifibot Backpack.tf admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32329935
    I wanna vouch for Teeny.

Where should I start, first off she is super trustworthy and professional.
    She is also good at arguing, and working out solutions to improve things that need improving.
    She is also commitet and an efficient worker, so whatever time she has for SR she will make good use of it.

We at backpack.tf are lucky to have her.
    Teeny Tiny Cat likes this.
  4. Toughsox

Toughsox SteamRep Moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1842155
    I have known "I am sworn to secrecy as to her real name" for longer than I could remember.
    She is someone that just does not rubber stamp anything that comes her way, very meticulous in her ways and goes out of her way to learn why things are done and definitely has been an asset to Outpost in so many ways.
    I could not find a single thing that would not allow me to vouch for her, other than she doesn't share her cookies.

SteamRep would definitely benefit from her being on Staff here. :cool:
    Teeny Tiny Cat likes this.
  5. blind polar bear

blind polar bear Former Backpack.tf admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17825129
    I remember the first time Teeny PMed me about joining the backpack.tf team. From Day 1, she has just been about making the community a better place. She didn't ask for an admin position for the status / reputation or to make it easier for her to do cash trades. She was willing to work quietly as a report moderator, handling the reports no one else wanted to deal with. I quickly learned that she was willing to spend the time in places where I was not willing to spend time. She never takes shortcuts - she will do things the right way. I also quickly learned that she will never back down from a challenge. She's a feisty one, and you need a little bit of nastiness and tenacity to handle the barrage of scammer / scammer alts account seen on a daily basis. She's heavily involved in the community without being financially involved / dependent on the community. She's got as stable a job irl as there is, so you never have to worry about her using her status to go on a scamming spree or worry about any kind of biases in terms of handing out bans to well-known traders. Finally, I know a lot of young men and women - middle schoolers, high schoolers, college students - still trying to figure themselves out really look to her as a role model for the way a person should carry themselves with dignity and respect. She's already a leader in this community. She doesn't need SteamRep, SteamRep needs her.
  6. Carnage

Carnage Backpack.tf admin Partner Community Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10221710
    I've known Teeny for her entire career modding in the TF2 community. She took on the massive backlog that was the backpack.tf report system when she first joined as a report mod, over 600 reports I believe. From there on out she has helped to shape not only the reports system, but the team as a whole. She took the time to walk me through my reports, answering questions and giving advice/reasoning, before I had even applied for report mod. She has always been willing to give advice on reports and appeals and doesn't have a problem asking for mod opinions when she needs to. Every report moderator under her direction learns a great deal, to say the least. The site and mod team would not be where it is today without her. When you accept her application, SR will have gained an invaluable asset and friend.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  7. TurkeyBest22

TurkeyBest22 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:184189890
    • Please do not post baseless accusations in other people's applications, keep fraud allegations to scam reports. Warning issued for spam.
    No!!!! Do not approve!!!! Scam --- TF Hat--- HACK! REMOVED DEEPLINKED IMAGE
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2018
  8. ЩĄ | Horse

ЩĄ | Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No issues... can certainly hold her own in any argument that's for sure.
    Carnage and [M&C] TheBluekr like this.
  9. Tumor

Tumor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179643005
    Glad to see you applied for SR staff.
    EverDaniel likes this.
  10. LichSon

LichSon Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:62655890
    Employee of the month everyone. :rolleyes:
  11. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Thank you for your application. It is now Under Review.