1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived 76561198063013144 Meowmaid SR Scammer

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Meowmaid, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meowmaid

Meowmaid New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51373708
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

steamID: Meowmaid
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:51373708
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198063013144[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Scootaloo[/I]
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198063013144?t=last
    [/SIZE][/COLOR]​

A while ago, my account was wrongly accused of scamming as someone else was posing as a similar person as me. Back then, I shrugged it off, but today, one of my close friends attempted to make a trade until the middleman discovered they had a scammer friend - this friend being me.

[​IMG]

When I was reported, this image was given to SteamRep. Back then before I changed my name, I was known as Scootaloo™. This scammer uses the name 'Scootaloo' without the TM - this trademark would've shown up.
    Another thing to note is the similar avatars - in this picture, the scammer uses the same avatar as me, however, as you can see, the background in theirs is white.

[​IMG]

In my old one, the background is orange and purple.
    In the past, my friend, Mabel on the forums attempted to clear my name, in this thread, and made some very good points:

Hopefully this is evidence enough, and my friend can have their trade completed. Thank you for your time.
    -Meowmaid

A while ago, my account was wrongly accused of scamming as someone else was posing as a similar person as me. Back then, I shrugged it off, but today, one of my close friends attempted to make a trade until the middleman discovered they had a scammer friend - this friend being me.
  2. Alteran

Alteran New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7745009
    I'm a little bit surprised as to how long it's taking for anyone to even look at this. Any failure to respond after 10 working days (14 calendar days) is, quite frankly, unacceptable.

What tops the cake for this one, is that this person here has been wrongly victimised due to a case of mistaken identity.

Original (Accepted) Report: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198063013144-scootaloo.9899/
    Screenshot Evidence Provided: http://i.imgur.com/ZGw8U.png
    The Account You Blacklisted At Time of Incident: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198063013144?t=1347335599

If you observe carefully, the name in the Screenshot (Scootaloo) does not match the name on the Blacklisted account (Scootaloo™) - the avatars, while similar, also do not match - The Scammer's avatar has a white backdrop, The Blacklisted victim's avatar has a orange and pink gradient as a backdrop.

I've done a quick search to find the real account, without much success - it's a rather popular nickname and without already knowing the original profile ID, you can't go back in time to see what someone's name USED to be at that point in time.

That, and the report should have gone down for SR PHISHER instead of SR SCAMMER to start with. This is a really sloppy job on the admin's part and as a result got an innocent person a negative reputation and ruined someone else's trade purely by association.

Other people have looked at this situation - one person who appealed on behalf (which the rules say you're not actually allowed to do) and another responder to an incorrectly-filed appeal prior to this one - both seem to have come to a similar conclusion as I have.

I do apologise if my "support" seems rather aggressive, but you'd feel the same if you believed that injustice has been done. You've had 14 working days (20 calendar days) to sort this one out.
  3. TradingCo

TradingCo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61150066
    Hey Alteran! The admins have A LOT of work to do. Remember, they are doing this FOR FREE. Also support is always wanted! It takes a huge load off the admins when players do research to aid in the process. All appeals get to in due time, so dont worry! Thank you for helping out with this report as well, the more people helping the better!
  4. Alteran

Alteran New User

Steam:
    I thought I'd come back to see if anything had happened in the three months since I last bumped this. Nothing. Nobody of responsibility has even so much as coughed in here.

Now, I understand that this is being done on a free and voluntary basis, but it's been three months and two weeks since this appeal was filed. Other people have basically done the legwork to help prove the appeal is justified, so there really should be nothing more to do than void the infraction and mark as "Accepted".

If you're having trouble going through all the reports, then consider getting some extra helpers on-board to help you process them. To me, though, it looks like an awful lot of new reports are coming-in and being processed, but there aren't that many appeals being processed. It's hard to justify that the system is fair if false-positives have the ability to slip-through without a means to be rectified.
  5. Regzo

Regzo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51606761
    you should have seen my thread November2012
  6. Alteran

Alteran New User

Steam:
    Got bored and came back here, just to see if anything had happened to this. A year and two months after the appeal was opened and it is still sitting here un-answered. As I said before, make sure you have the appropriate staffing to run such a service, otherwise the whole thing falls apart.

I don't know what the policy here is, but maybe @CanadianInvasion should take a look at this if he was the one to have accepted the original report?
  7. Alteran

Alteran New User

Steam:
    I figured I would bump this one again, because now it is more entertaining to me than anything else that this appeal has gone un-processed more than two and a half years since it was originally opened.

I don't know how SteamRep can be certified to anyone as a "credible" source for anything if you can't reverse erroneous decisions. I'm now here purely on principle over anything else.
  8. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    invalidating,
    1. profile is not public,
    2. if you are the op, you cannot appeal via 3rd party account

You can pm from your marked account (not an alt) after you change the privacy state and ill restore the appeal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.