1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined: Moderator 76561198068732040 (ApolloTheLion)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by ApolloTheLion, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApolloTheLion

ApolloTheLion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54233156

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: USA, PST
    Availability: 20+ hours per week
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? No, and I'm not afraid to ask if something is unclear.
    Foreign languages: I moderately speak other languages, but my most comfortable is English.

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    I'm currently going to University, finishing up my Bachelors which is where a majority of my time goes towards. My hobbies consist of volunteering at animal shelters, hiking, going to the beach, and training my dog. I still play video games, it has lessened along with my activity in actual trading. I love to go out and meet people, being social and hanging out with my roommates and watching Law & Order has become a favorite past time of mine, and going to get icees. Otherwise my life is pretty simple, I don't work currently. So it is mainly school, homework, going out.​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    I've been in the trading community for a bit over 5 years now, and I've always been an activist for safe trading and helping new traders be cautious. I used to regularly help new traders, and it has slowed down as I moved away from actually trading myself. I had actually wanted to apply as a moderator quite a few years ago but due to a multitude of reasons I decided against it. I believe that I will be a good candidate for this position because I like to help people, and more then that I excel in communication and have matured over the last few years where I believe that I finally can be the best that I can be, and help the community that has given so much to me. I have vast experience in trading, whether its strictly item trading in TF2 or CSGO, or delving into the matters of paypal trading. I have the experience and knowledge, and I would like to share it with others as well as prevent others from being taken advantage of and being scammed.​

Past administrative experience:
    I was previously an Admin at TF2-Trader, Universal Trading as for unusual trading. I was invited to have more activity in administrative duties but I took a break from it due to going through some events that left a stain for me on the trading community. Outside of TF2, I've worked a multitude of management jobs and deal with not only administrative duties but also customer experience, which I believe will only add to my knowledge about dealing with delicate issues.

I did not puruse any other administrative positions, and this will be the first one I have pursued in a long time.​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)
    The only forums / discord group that I still remain active in trading, would be Backpack.tf, I offer advise, suggestions, price checks, etc. Including reputable people to sell keys to and more.

I used to be mildly active on the tf2 trading reddit, but have since ceased that.​

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    I was banned from TF2 Trader, for calling out a fellow admin for Sharking. I believe in 2012 I was also banned from Pink Taco's for weapon spam. Perhaps banned from Outpost once for trading with an alt of a scammer, when I hadn't known what scammers were.
    The former details happened 3-5 years ago.

I don't currently recall any other bans.​

Other questions or comments:
    The account listed as my alternate belongs to my brother, we used to share an account when I was younger, but it is currently completely his. He occasionally stores items for me, but hasn't in a long time due to me not being active to require the extra room.

I'm currently not really active in trading, and believe its finally a suitable time where I am the best me I can be. I'm open to learning and I thoroughly enjoy getting better at anything. The TF2 community specifically has left an impact on me, and giving back would mean the world to me.

I retain the knowledge from my very active trading days, and I believe that I can be an asset to the Moderator team.
    Schedule Wise:
    I do have class every day, but can provide 3+ hours per day if required. Perhaps the week of finals the times will be less, but otherwise I would love to contribute however I can.​
    The Wayne Train likes this.
  2. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    As far as trustworthy traders go, Apollo is definitely up there with the best of the best. I frequently recommended her to people who asked me to buy/sell keys over PayPal since I no longer do so myself, and her brokering reputation is well-known in the community. I know that's not strictly related to the moderator duties, but I do think her experience will suit her well if she is accepted.

Best of luck!
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello Apollo, apologies for the long wait. Are you still interested in applying for this position? Has anything changed in regards to your application in the past few months?
  4. ApolloTheLion

ApolloTheLion New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54233156
    Hello!
    Yes I am still interested.
    I don't believe anything has changed since my application. I can clarify my previous experience and positions.
    • TF2- Trader
    • Universal Traders
    • I was asked to come to Harpoon Gaming, but declined due to other priorities.

My trust comes from:
    • Middlemanning
    • Brokering
    • PayPal Trading
    • Cashing Out Backpacks

I have experience in TF2 trading, CSGO trading, and DOTA 2 trading. I learned from Toughsox and SirPloko about the best way to provide evidence of Scammers, the exchange of items and such. I went through a period of submitting many reports to TF2 Outpost.
    I maintain relations with other communities but currently don't actively participate besides the occasional help and advice in trading.

:)
  5. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Hi @ApolloTheLion

Thank you for your application, it is now under review.
  6. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco SteamRep Moderator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Hi @ApolloTheLion

Thank you for the interest in wanting to volunteer at SteamRep

Unfortunately, after some internal deliberation, we have decided not to move forward with your application. We feel you may not be the best fit for a position at SteamRep, however we hope you will continue to help the community in other ways.
    Rosalina likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.