1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198069615119 (Iamthebro)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Disguised, Aug 21, 2013.

1. GIJewARealAmericanHebrew

GIJewARealAmericanHebrew Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:54674695
    Alright, I will start looking. but will you take the key and drop this nonsense?
  2. Disguised

Disguised New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42138928
    I'll let an admin handle this. I wont accept the key, and this is not "nonsense".
  3. GIJewARealAmericanHebrew

Steam:
    It is nonsense. I apologized, I said sorry, and I offered compensation. I know I have changed since then and you refuse to acknowledge that. This post is from over a year ago, do you not think people change in a year? You refused to my apolgoy and you refused my compensation. You are acting asinine, and that's all there is to it. You call me a toxic member of the tf2 community, I would like to say it's people like you who are truly toxic. You ruin the community with your feelings. You have less than 50 items in your inv but yet you will be deadset on getting me in as much trouble as possible for something that happened a very long time ago, and I already attempted to fix your problem. I truly meant I was sorry, but when people act like they dont care when I am trying to just say sorry, it really does piss me off. Oh well, I am sure the admins will be on my side. It was a VERY small amount, and I offered at least TRIPLE what it was worth. Just because you refuse to get off of your high horse is not my problem, it's yours.
  4. GIJewARealAmericanHebrew

Steam:
    /end rant
    I am out of here. Will not comment again unless an admin asks me to. Cya.
  5. Disguised

Disguised New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42138928
    So you do not have the inventory history proof. K.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    @Disguised Accepting your loss back does not change the outcome much for the report. It does matter for the appeal, but when victim refuses the repay, that is then considered "paid back" for a appeal later on. No admin will ever MM between such. So you can accept the pay back without any problems.

/edit: after talk between me and YATO, I had missed the screenshot with arbitrary "conditions" set.
    1. Once reported, only SR decides what happens with the report.
    2. Repayment is only a factor when conditionless and ASAP for us to consider it as a PLUS on a report/appeal. If that needs a lot of work due to the accused, then its not what is intended.

In the case of a scam, the offender owes the victim what he illegitimately received. I hear YATO already had advised the victim to not accept it for the "conditions" etc. and I agree on that.

@GIJewARealAmericanHebrew there are guides around for how to make screenshots with the snipping tool in windows 7 etc of the inventory history in Steam here. Easy to do, and you can then attach the proof to a post here that you paid back, or tried to pay back etc.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Disguised,

I edited my above post, for my post there was based on a post-report, and incomplete read of the report.

I have now read the entire report, shortcap of story:
    - Victim want to trade ~ 5 .5 ref worth with offender for a key which is claimed non-tradable (balony, keys are tradeable within a couple days after buying them).
    - To "alleviate" the "non-tradeable" key the item is to be giftwrapped (balony again, giftwrap is WORTH a key, nobody in right mind will giftwrap a key).
    - Agreed is ~half up-front and half after.
    - Half is traded (Strange Fire Axe + 3.11 Ref)
    - Accused leaves the server.

Then report is made by the victim. Accused says he repayed, never proves this. Then accused is laying all kinds of conditions bound with him to repay while that should not be the case. Admin advised victim not to accept for a number of reasons disclosed to victim.

Couple of things first:
    - Once a victim reports to SteamRep, control is no longer by the victim what happens with the report. Things that happen can be notified on the report as long as the report is open. Once the report is processed, it will be archived.
    - Closing a report only happens in cases if the victim was repaid very fast after the issue with no hassle, and by request of the victim. Admin that reads the report will have final say.

As said above, I have now read everything and seen all screenshots etc.
    Accused really does not know how to go above and beyond to make sure the victim is repaid for his actions. Asking for arbitrary conditions to be agreed upon repay.

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
    Disguised likes this.