1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Improper Format 76561198070629039

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Electrode, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electrode

Electrode New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46990767
    Just half an hour ago, I won a spycrab for a 2 refined hat (the cold killer) from "a crippled teddy bear" (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070629039), and, surprise surprise, he instantly left the server. I'm no expert, but I'm relatively sure that that qualifies as attempted scamming. I'm somewhat pissed at the moment, and would appreciate it if someone could clarify whether this qualifies as scamming, and if he could get marked on steamrep as such.
  2. SudasGalva

SudasGalva New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41774078
  3. Electrode

Electrode New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the info.
  4. Electrode

Electrode New User

Steam:
    At this point, it probably isn't even worth the effort.
  5. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42192766
    If you can provide enough evidence to prove that he ran from a spy crab, he could be marked as a scammer and banned from associated communities/trading servers, thus hampering possible future spy crabbing scams. This user has been reported once on SR for running from a spy crab, however insufficient evidence was provided by the accuser.

Your effort could help someone else avoid this user and help prevent future scams. If you have the required screenshots/replay of the discussion, agreement and contest please post them.
    SudasGalva likes this.
  6. Electrode

Electrode New User

Steam:
    Unfortunately, I've exited the trade server I was visiting already, as well as Steam in general. I do not have access to any of our conversations. Stupid me.
  7. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    If you two conversed via server chat, some servers keep logs of the server chat. It depends which server you were on and what kind of community its associated with. Its a long shot but if you remember which server it was and if it did capture the logs, it may have the evidence required. which server were you on? But a replay or chat log is really the defining piece of evidence in spy crab running reports.
  8. Electrode

Electrode New User

Steam:
    My half of the talking was done via voicechat, so that might complicate things.
    The server I was playing on:
    198.144.182.130:27015
    Darkly Chicago Trade/Idle Server
  9. Electrode

Electrode New User

Steam:
    The only thing the server would've caught are him asking me to spycrab, him keeping track of the score, and then him disconnecting. Would that be sufficient?
  10. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    Possibly, but thats up for an admin to decide. Im sorry I cant determine if that server logs the chat. Hopefully nobody gets scammed in the future. Sorry to hear about your loss, next time maybe use a middle man for spy crabbing games. luckily it wasnt a large sum lost. Good luck and safe trading.
  11. Doomsday007

Doomsday007 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52658346
    No matter the amount it is always worth it to report because that means he/she may be able and do this to more and more traders but if they are marked now it can stop
  12. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.