1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198076721564 (Roudydogg1)

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Roudydogg1, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 Moderator; Neonheights Co-Owner SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: USA, Sometimes my timezone is MST/MDT (GMT-6), and sometimes it is Hawaii-Aleutian Standard (GMT-10).
    Availability: As I work from home, I have more freedom to dedicate time to Steamrep as needed. Most weeks I will be able to dedicate several hours; some weeks may be less.
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? No, I am happy to receive instruction without issue, and would raise any concerns in a professional proper way if they arose. I like myself a good policy!
    Foreign languages: I speak a bit of Spanish, and I'm trying to learn Russian (duolingo :^) ) but I'm hardly fluent.

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    In 2013, I attended Auguste Escoffier School Of Culinary Arts in Colorado. From there I received an Associate of Occupational Studies in Culinary Arts. Simply put, I learned how to cook in kitchens, and learned proper restaurant safety procedures. I've cooked in various restaurants around the country, although not recently. RIP :(
    I really had to learn how to communicate, get along and work diligently with co-workers, because If we didn't work together the entire thought of running a restaurant would be impossible.

As far as hobbies go, that’s how I started playing Team Fortress 2 way back when. I obviously still enjoy cooking at home. Also I enjoy traveling; I’ve been to roughly six or seven countries. Exploring is fun, but it’s all about the foreign food for me. I’m an avid singer and can’t get enough of good music. One might also say a hobby of mine is to visit these forums and read the appeals; I’ve probably read nearly every appeal posted since sometime 2015 or so, just for fun and to learn what I can from them. I've read reports as well, but the appeals always seemed more interesting to me to watch.

In October 2013, I was invited by the owner of the NeonHeights TF2 Trade Servers to become a server/community moderator for his servers. That was my first time dealing with moderation, but it came natural to me. In December, I was again asked to accept an administrative (admin) promotion.
    In April of 2014, I was invited once more to join top leadership of the community, as “head admin”. I was responsible for the promotion, demotion, and oversight of all 15-20 staff, along with general server duties. During my time as head admin, I enacted an appellate policy, and a basic policy on banning scammers/fraud from the servers, because before, there really was none of that and I wanted at least something solid for us to use when we had to make those decisions. I have met some of my best online friends from NeonHeight’s TF2 and I am proud to work with such great people.​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    For about a year or two, I occasionally thought about applying to volunteer my time at Steamrep, but I always ended up deciding against it. I basically thought that I was not yet ready enough for such a highly demanding position and that there would surely be more qualified people fit for such.

My understanding of the dedication it takes to volunteer for such a job and the qualifications that may be expected have greatly expanded. I have spent a lot more time here and have far better knowledge of policies and the mission of the organization. But still, there is much to learn and grow from and the world of fraud/anti-fraud seems to be ever constantly changing.

I am very lucky to know Steamrep through NeonHeights Servers friend affiliation, and I do believe that not only can I continue to help deliver Steamrep’s message through the NHS community, but also through volunteering with Steamrep directly. I know that Steamrep is always looking to work with people and communities who are familiar with their procedures and have demonstrated an unwavering commitment to ending fraud, and I want to lend whatever help I can towards that goal.​

Past administrative experience:
    - Co-owner, NeonHeight’s TF2 Trade community. I have comprehensive experience handling server-side reports and appeals, enacting/enforcing/following policy, dealing with “trolls” and “bad actors”, people set out to upset you ect. (October 2013 – Present)

- "Leading Regional Chat Admin" was the official title at the time, for the mobile game “Kings Empire”. I was responsible for moderation of the chat for the region (or servers) that I had been assigned. Such daily duties included: Taking mobile screenshots of chat infractions; issuing warnings and in-chat gags/game bans for accounts responsible of infractions; keeping updated a spreadsheet detailing each infraction with evidence; notifying and communicating with my co-workers and superior(s) at least daily. (2015-2015)

- Head admin for the defunct Chibichanium TF2 community (2014-2015)

- In-game moderator for the CowCraft community. (May 2014 – Sept 2014)

Also chat/comments mod for multiple Twitch streamers and Youtubers, I actually think this experience is relevant because I talk and deal with a myriad of different types of people (answer questions, keep a level head, not engage with trolls, ect). If you would like further specifics, they can be furnished upon request.​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    Multiple bans on my own community (NHS) for various server purposes, I can provide an in-depth explanation of specific bans if needed. See here: http://bans.neonheightsservers.ca/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:58227918&Submit

Banned for 1day from Skial, this was when I was completely new to the game and must have gotten in the way of something important. Likely an infraction on one of their 2-Fort maps, or their Jailbreak map. See here: https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=[U:1:116455836]&Submit

Other questions or comments:
    Wow. That was a long read. Congrats if you made it this far. Anyway, feel free to AMA :cool: and have a good week!​
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Thank you for applying to become a Steamrep moderator. I am happy to say that we have accepted your application. Welcome to the team!