1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Invalid 76561198085439427

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TG.Simon, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TG.Simon

TG.Simon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12477775
    76561198085439427 ([A.W.E] magicstyle0)

Victim:

Scammer:
    Trade history:
    [​IMG]

I have no image of the chat, as this is my first time filing a report and I was not aware that the chat was required.

Description:
    For the past few days I have been trying to sell my TS Bill's Hat for 7 keys + 3 refined on tf2outpost. This morning the scammer added me and said he had a nice offer for me. He offered a Strange Festive Huntsman, two ToD tickers and some weapons. I accepted his offer, hoping to make a nice profit. Just when we were about to trade, the scammer told me he 'needed 1 minute' and that he would tell me when he was ready to continue the trade. After a minute he said he was ready and we traded. Just before we traded, I noticed in the chat that he ticked 'ready' a bunch of times as the entire chat log was filled with that message. I quickly checked the items he was trading and they all seemed to be there. After the trade, I realised he had removed the Strange Festive Huntsman and pressed 'ready' a bunch of times to decrease the chance of me noticing.
  2. Armored Squirrel

Armored Squirrel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66426393
    That's the second time this guy gets reported in like an hour. Sad that you got scammed :c :(
  3. TG.Simon

TG.Simon New User

Steam:
    Well.. I am aware of two others that got scammed out of a Bill's Hat in the past few hours the same way I was scammed. If you are referring to this post: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198085439427.40438/ He/she is not one of the two others I was aware of :/

EDIT: added the note that the others scams also happened in the past few hours
  4. [TOG's] ~Nefarious

[TOG's] ~Nefarious New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43332836
    He added me today, offering a pink B.M.O.C for some of my stuff. He did the exact same as others reported - taking some time then coming back. if i hadn't have looked him up here i would have traded :3 i sent him his steamrep link and he blocked me. the thing is im not actually sure if he was going to scam me - he didnt spam ready or anything
  5. TG.Simon

TG.Simon New User

Steam:
    I'm glad you looked here and didn't take the risk!
  6. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Unfortunately the evidence presented is not enough for us to process this any further.

Chat window is REQUIRED.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.