1. Multiple games are being used to create fake items for CS:GO, DOTA2, and TF2 that are difficult to differentiate from real ones. Carefully check the game for each item you receive to make sure it's from the game you expect. Pay close attention to any warning messages you see in the trade window about games you haven't played before. Read more.

Pending: Moderator 76561198186786750 (zero)

Discussion in 'Moderator Applications' started by sinnysenpai, Mar 10, 2018.

1. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:113260511

Account information:

Your SteamRep block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Basic information:

Country and Timezone: I live in the United Kingdom. (GMT)
    Availability: I can devote at least 3-4 hours almost everyday on SteamRep.
    Are you at least 18 years of age? Yes
    Do you agree to the Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it? Yes
    Have you read the Duties of SR Moderators post and understand it? Yes
    Do you have any issues handling instruction and direction? Nope, not at all.
    Foreign languages: I speak a tiny bit of German, but I'm not fluent.

Application:

Please tell us about yourself (job, school, hobbies, etc)
    I'm studying Computer Studies at College currently. My hobbies include playing video games, programming and I also play a little bit of Basketball on the side. I enjoy going out with my friends and just hanging out in town or whatever, just any time that I get with my friends is enjoyable and fun.

Video games wise, I play a lot of Overwatch and more often now, Friday the 13th. I haven't been playing CS:GO too much recently due to simply getting bored of it, but I still enjoy the trading side of the community, and I'm hoping to play more games with my friends on CS soon.​

Why do you want to be a SteamRep moderator, and what makes you feel you're a good candidate?
    Many people add me on a daily basis trying to scam me as I own quite an expensive knife, and I can see how people would fall for people's scams on Steam. I would like to help the users of Steam to prevent scams, and would like to help out in any way I can.​

Past administrative experience:
    I have moderated in big servers on Discord, including Lulurd's Community (6,000 members) and previously Yara! (an anime server which was sold to another user). I have moderated in a few small Steam groups that are not really worth mentioning as they're all inactive now. I have also moderated on small Minecraft servers in the past.​

List Steam trading communities you are / have been active on and in what capacity (user, mod, admin)
    I wouldn't say I've really been too active in many trading communities. I use CSGO.EXCHANGE a little bit, but don't really use trading communities to trade my items.​

Have you ever been banned from another community? If so, what happened?
    Not really, expect for some GMOD DarkRP servers, that's about it.​

Other questions or comments:
    I don't have any questions, but I would like to thank anybody reading this for actually reading my appeal. I'm not active on this site really, but I am going to try to be more active now, as I've been planning to for a while.​
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    You mean your application! ;)

Two questions for now:
    You are currently a member of two rep4rep/rep boost Steam groups. Why?
    Can you give us explanations for why you were banned on the DarkRP servers?

Note to other readers in the thread. Getting +reps mean nothing and does not constitute as reputation.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    sinnysenpai and Roudydogg1 like this.
  3. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    1. I was in Rep4Rep groups because I wanted to see what happens in these groups, kinda like investigate them I guess? I just left them now and I'm not going to use them for reputation.
    2. I was banned for messing around with friends in servers on 2 different servers and got banned, not hacking or anything, and we got banned for annoying the users on there.
  4. a Gentleman

Steam:
    At least four of the users who +repped you on your profile are part of the same 'Rep Boost' group that you were a part of. There are at least 5 others who +repped you who are still part of other rep4rep groups. Is there something you're not telling us?

Attached Files:

• ys1.PNG
      ys1.PNG
      File size:
      147.7 KB
      Views:
    • ys2.PNG
      ys2.PNG
      File size:
      304.6 KB
      Views:
    • ys3.PNG
      ys3.PNG
      File size:
      173.3 KB
      Views:
    • ys4.PNG
      ys4.PNG
      File size:
      335.1 KB
      Views:
    • ys5.PNG
      ys5.PNG
      File size:
      132.5 KB
      Views:
    • ys6.PNG
      ys6.PNG
      File size:
      251.7 KB
      Views:
    • ys7.PNG
      ys7.PNG
      File size:
      362.6 KB
      Views:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    I used it a few times to test if it people would actually rep back, I don't actually rep them back, if you check their profiles. I can delete the reps if you would like.
  6. a Gentleman

Steam:
    The reps don't matter either way, just covering bases here!

Have you considered volunteering at a Partner Community's report section to get some experience?
  7. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    I'm not too sure what you mean by that.
  8. ЩĄ | Horse

ЩĄ | Horse SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Gent means that profile rep means absolutely ZERO with regards to having real reputation in trading. You can delete bad ones with no records leaving only good..or that many users have "farmed" them by just asking for it from other users with nothing in return. So rep thru steam profiles is never viewed at being legit and never should.
    The rest was you gaining experience getting involved with a community in general that maintains a trading purpose since just about any staff member here starts out from.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/
  9. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    I got the rep part, just not community part.

I've tried to look around on these forums, and have been a lurker for some time, but most of the posts in General Discussion and everything else have already been answered, and I don't see the point in answering someone's question if they already have the answer or involving in the discussion if there's already someone else.
  10. ЩĄ | Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What I stated had nothing to do with the general forum section - other groups in steam trading out and about, partners, friends of SR whoever thats what I mean.
  11. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    I've been on a few forums where people sold skins and traded them, so yeah, I have been apart of some community trading forums and sites and I do have experience.
  12. ЩĄ | Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Trading isn't the experience I was referring to but dealing with issues users have dealt with in regards to trading issues, scam reports, fraud issues etc etc..
    That is what you should focus on regardless.
  13. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    I'm pretty sure by saying that you would've got that I've had to deal with user issues like being scammed and having to respond to scam reports, also dealing with people who are unhappy with the way you dealt with the report if you declined it. I've worked on forums where I've had to deal with scam reports and when you decline them due to lack of evidence, most people tend to get kind of angry. But yes, I believe I do have experience in those fields, if that's what you would call them.
  14. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    So you're saying you were staff, responsible for investigating scam reports, or just a regular user on their forums?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  15. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    I moderated on a Discord server which had a forums too, and I was more of just a helper on there, or a trial mod, than a moderator, but I was responsible for helping with scam report cases.
  16. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    I'm still available and here!
  17. a Gentleman

Steam:
    Please do not bump anything unless you have something substantive to add.
  18. sinnysenpai

sinnysenpai New User

Steam:
    Sorry, it just felt like my application was forgotten as nobody had posted in a while.