1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Retracted 76561198400805984

Discussion in 'Archived Applications' started by Annaisfay, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:220270128
    Basic information:

Name or handle: Quire
    Primary stream or channel: https://www.twitch.tv/redbeetinteractive/
    Number of followers: 1 million+
    Other links:
    SteamRep ID block:
    Alternate accounts:
    (these are not visible to the public)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating, Staff Applications, SteamRep Partner Members).**

Pre-screening questions:

Do you agree not to speak on behalf of SteamRep or use our name to endorse any other site, service, or product?
    Yes​
    Do you agree not to use your affiliation with SteamRep to leverage trust or favorable deals from traders?
    Yes​
    Have you ever scammed or intentionally misled anyone for profit?
    Nope, I hate scammers and are doing this to prevent others from getting scammed.​
    Stance on gambling:
    I don't like gambling, it's unsecure and can be addicting. I have never and will never publicly speak or take a stance on it though, and expect this to be kept private.​

Application:

Tell us more about your stream or channel:
    I'm a content creator currently working as a community manager at Redbeet Interactive. We make Raft, which is on Steam Early Access. We currently have more than a million players.​

Why do you think you qualify for this position?
    I'm a known content creator and game community manager, and are being impersonated from time to time. I know a lot of people resort to SteamRep when doing trades, so being able to notify people about being caution about people impersonating me would be nice.​

Do you frequently get impersonated?
    Yes, a lot of people are using my name or impersonating being from our firm to try to trick people into giving them stuff, both steam items but also items in-game.​

What do you hope to contribute to the trading community?
    I'm not much of a trader myself, mainly doing this so my players doesn't fall into traps.​

Have you ever talked about scamming or fraud in a video or livestream before?
    No.​

Do you have any questions or comments for the SteamRep staff?
    Nope, all good. :)
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Which of your streams or personas has over 1 million followers?
  3. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    This is our game following
  4. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    if you don't accept that, then we have 21k users on our verified Discord.
  5. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Do you have any examples of this? How frequently are you in Steam as opposed to other mediums such as Twitch and Twitter?
  6. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    We're verified on Twitch, Twitter and Discord, so not a lot of scammers there. The main point is steam, I have had multiple reports of both people threatening to get others banned using my name, saying "I'm at steamworks developer and will get you banned" using my name and photo etc. There have also been quite some cases with trade and link scammers.
  7. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    Optionally, we might fit better with the friend communities to have our developers shown as "trusted" on steamrep. While we are not a trading site, we actively track down cheaters and people playing with cracked versions etc.
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Is your account used by multiple people?
  9. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    No, why would it be used by multiple people?
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You kept referring to yourself as "we".
  11. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    We are a game studio - I'm the front person.
  12. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    What other games do you publish?
  13. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
  14. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I was asking what other games you publish. Besides the one you linked in your application.

In the matter of active impersonators, do you have any credible reports of your users being scammed in Steam as a result of someone claiming to be you? That seems to be your apparent primary motivation, but given the nature of your game I don't foresee very many traders interacting with you.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. Annaisfay

Annaisfay New User

Steam:
    I'm an extremely busy person, I don't have the time to spend my time on finding individual cases, taking screenshots and editing them to remove names etc. If you wish to help combat scammers and put a warning or trusted badge on my account, you can do that. If not, that's completely fine, and if so, delete this thread. Thanks.
  16. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    User has retracted their Notable Affiliate application.