1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A hilariously, awful April Fools' Day Prank

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ForteSP, Jan 16, 2013.

1. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    So yeah, what if on April Fools' Day, SR decided to mark everyone on steam as an SR scammer (for only that 24 period, of course). What would happen on that day? I don't see this ever happening, but I think in concept it would just be absolutely hilarious.
  2. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    I think both the server and Helen would crash with all reports incoming that day :p
  3. atom-

atom- Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:19172005
    We actually did that joke with Rob, its been really splitting our sides.

Oh wait....
    Pretender, Backseatsman and Eoj Nawoh like this.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Well it would be more like April Fool's month with the amount of players marked and bans that would be executed by the SR plugin.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I do remember Mattie making a joke on SR with something, don't remember if it was valentine or april's fools. something with hearts or w/e.

But I'd link every link to
  6. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Actually, I kind of want to be marked as a scammer for a week or so just to see what it's like. How it must feel being blocked form most sites and servers... I don't know, it's an odd fascination of mine.
  7. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Helen's head would explodes if that happened, and I would want to be many zillions of miles away at that moment :)
  8. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    I always wondered that as well. When I got hacked it was fulfilled. I can honestly say it was awful. And that was only part of what *actually* scammers feel. Friend's knew I was just tagged for being hacked and not actually scamming. No one trades with you because of the mark. No one believes the reason for the mark, because who the hell trusts a scammer, lool? You can't join servers, use outpost. Among many other things.

As fun as it sounds in theory. It actually sucks to be marked, if you actually are actively trading a ton.
  9. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
  10. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Bwahaha, I would love to see that... SR database would crash and burn inside 2 seconds :)
  11. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Problem is, SR doesn't show backpacks, so thats some for tf2b/tf2items/backpack.tf to do.
  12. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Marking everyone as a scammer would backfire, every real scammer would say they were marked as a joke.
    If it was possible to force a sign into steam on the homepage and show that current logged in user marked as a scammer (meaning everyone else sees their profile normally), that would be very funny.
  13. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    I was talking about VALVE SUPPORT REPORTS, not SR ones :) I thought it was obvious :p