1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A New Scamming Method on Dota2Lounge

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [TNC:A] The_Ultimate_Kaan, Aug 28, 2014.

1. I found this by a group called UberPirates. I don't actually play Dota 2 but posting this is good isn't it? Here's the scam method. http://uberpirates.com/forum/topic/3035-warning-new-scamming-method-variation/

If SteamRep doesn't accept links I'll explain here. The scammer says that he has an offer in a screenshot. Ones you click it you auto-download the "picture". If you open/run the file, it will likely steal your account/items. This really happened to a guy that I saw. Also, I know noticed that this was phishing.

Be very careful for this and happy trading!
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    It is not really something new. It's just another variation of malicious links.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Near same what Noobi got hijacked.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. 周大侠

周大侠 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:102387010
    how to clear the virus like this???my items gv hacked again and again even i changed password so many times....i need help...=(
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I only started to write a full guide on that... but it really depends on the virus you downloaded. Might be easiest to just re-install Windows.