1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A quick question

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Sirius Cybernetics Corp., Mar 21, 2014.

1. Sirius Cybernetics Corp.

Sirius Cybernetics Corp. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51568499
    Hi any/all admins or helpful steam gamers, I have a couple of quick questions:

Is it allowed to ask for someone to give you rep if you have completed a transaction with them?

If so, where is the best place to ask them to place that rep?

I am new to the trading community, so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time,

Sirius cybernetics corp
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Profile rep doesn't mean nothing as it can be altered so keep that in mind. Many communities have it setup to build rep but do keep in mind that the only time it really counts as being trust worthy is thru cash trades not 1 on 1 item trades when there is no risk involved.

Example: You trade a hat with me for another hat - that doesn't mean anything and shouldn't mean anything no matter how much +++++rep I put in the profile you have as it is worthless. SteamRep doesn't have anything to do with rep building either just keep that in mind too.
  3. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Profile rep is the easiest type of rep to get. They'll give you rep for any reason.
    Lots of rep on your profile is only useful against sharkers and scammers.
    If a sharker/scammer notices a lot of rep on your profile, they might not think of you as dumb and pass you by.

Other then that, useless.
    Backpack.tf has a rep system with a little more meaning. (You give rep to someone who becomes a scammer, and you get punished to)
    One way to earn this type of rep easily, might be through items that require gift wrap. If the seller has no wrap, and the buyer has to trust the seller by giving them the wrap first, then the seller would earn a little rep by not running off.
  4. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    pff.
    Trader A exchanging B that needs giftwrap, Trader Z providing Giftwrap for B and offers Y.

Trader A trades for the Giftwrap, and gives a key for it in exchange.
    Trader A giftwraps B.
    Trader A trades trader Z the giftwrapped B for the agreed price Y + his key.

No problem whatsoever involved. If A runs with the giftwrap, he didn't win any with it, no risk for Z.
  6. Sirius Cybernetics Corp.

Sirius Cybernetics Corp. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:51568499
    Thank you everyone who has helped me learn this!!!
  7. A Real McAsshole

A Real McAsshole New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33115410
    I did not know this either, thank you