1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A suggestion to increase the use of SteamRep.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ✪ Fluffy | #feelsbadman, Aug 25, 2016.

1. ✪ Fluffy | #feelsbadman

✪ Fluffy | #feelsbadman Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:120067203
    Just a small suggestion regarding something I believe, could benefit the purpose of steamrep. The suggestion is as follows, a reputation tab on each users profile, where other registered users, can leave comments such as "+rep bought 10keys he went first/I went first no problem".

Now I am sure that 97% of you will reply to this "Just do to the SteamREPorts group you idiot" but not everyone has a registered thread on that steam group, and/or doesn't use it at all, I am suggesting a reputation feature, meaning all I need to do is check the users SteamRep profile, for me to see all I need to judge the user as a trader.

A option could even be, linking the SteamREPorts page, all onto one site (if possible), or just make a simple link in a users profile to their rep thread, if that is easier.

A small suggestion I feel could really benefit trading, and help trusted users keep their trusted reputation, and build more reason for safe trading.

Alex/
  2. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
  3. ✪ Fluffy | #feelsbadman

Steam:
    Thanks for the reply, Its good to know as many different resources for user validation as possible, especially when not as active on SteamRep as a user, If certian users simply just check the profile, they get nothing more than "He probably isnt a scammer" at the moment, thats the problem.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR is not a community per se, nor do we want to take away from activities our friend/partner communities do (nor do we have any interest or the manpower needed to properly mod it) In addition, some comms allow some types of comments and others dont, we dont want to be in the middle of it nor does it fit with our organizations anti fraud goal. Our best guideline on proper reputation comments, is in our "what is rep" guide linked below.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/
  5. ✪ Fluffy | #feelsbadman

Steam:
    Thanks a lot for the information. I do see now the user of the partnering communities as I haven't before. I hope one day there will be a "One Page Says All" regarding the saftey/ trust ability of a steam account however.
    ☼ÐtÑ☼ fletch likes this.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    Wonder what yours will say too....
  7. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @✪ Fluffy | #feelsbadman ,

The answer to your question is already provided above, post by YATO, but I'm curious you are talking about legitimate reputation "tab" / thread but I don't see any valid or legitimate reputation from you anywhere. I didn't find any "legit" reputation thread that you own in CSGORep either and I searched the recently deleted ones too nor I can find it linked on your Steam Profile. Only thing I found is your boosted CSGOLounge Profile's reputation points to 100 which is worthless because it's just a random number there and I still don't understand why CSGOLounge staff didn't remove that worthless "points" reputation on Lounge. Oh and everybody knows who has 100 "reputation" points on Lounge is obviously boosted by others, do you think you are reputable with those worthless "reputation points" at CSGOLounge?

Back to the main topic, SteamRep is all about the anti-fraud and handling thousands of reports, not maintaining "reputation threads" for individuals. Because there is not enough manpower on SteamRep to maintain such reputation threads users can easily fake and exchange fake reputation among themselves. But feel free to make a reputation thread at CSGORep or any other partner community, because I see you talk so much about "reputation" but you don't have any or at least I can't find any valid and legitimate reputation thread that you own.

Regards! :)
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    sigh,
    I still dont understand why some users think steam group rep is better then a site that can actually check if users are alts or not. Its just glorified profile rep really for many of the same reasons as regular profile rep http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/what-constitutes-reputation.12391/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Enstage likes this.