1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Account got restricted???

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by William, May 26, 2013.

1. William

William New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41517153
    Sorry if this isn't the place to post this :/

Well, recently, I received an email telling me to 'verify your ownership of a CD Key registered to the account. Please handwrite your Support Ticket Number directly on the quick reference card or sticker above the CD Key (the number should not be written on a separate piece of paper or inserted with an image editor) and reply with a digital photo or scan of the CD Key in .jpg format. Please ensure that you submit a full-color image, rather than a photocopy.'

Well, the problem is, all my games have been bought using TF2 items, so I do not have a CD key for any of them. I have also bought one humble bundle game key, but I have lost the key ages ago.

However, I did buy the Portal 2-Songs to Test By' soundtrack on Amazon, which came with 2 physical CD keys for in-game items.

Will Steam Support accept this as proof?

BTW, I HAVE NOT: Charged back a payment, been involved in credit card fraud/illegal activities, and the last time I used a credit card was for premium in 2011.
  2. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Eh? Sounds like some scam.

Don't do s✿✿✿... check where mail came from.
  3. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I am wondering the same thing as ven, where did the email come from? Are you sure it was actually support? And has your account been acting any differently?
  4. McCreW

McCreW New User

Yeah I agree with Fluffy and Ven this does sound like a scam.

Try to find out where the source of this email came from and whatever you do don't respond to it unless you actually know who it came from.
  5. William

William New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41517153
    My account has indeed been restricted recently-the only reason why I got this email was because I filed a support ticket with Steam Support.

EDIT: Steam Support's email is <[email protected]>, right?
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Yeah, just tell all your purchases to them giving details in the steam support ticket, they are verifying a number of accounts it seems. With special interest in those humble bundle activation key stuff. The email is automatic from the steam support ticket, every response by steam support triggers a email to you.

One tip: keep telling you are in full control of the account, otherwise they might reset password, which ends up in 15 days reactivation of steamguard wait for to be able to trade again.
  7. McCreW

McCreW New User

Yeah I agree with Data on this because there should be no reason to talk to an alternate account they should talk to you on there main.