1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Account Stealing Scam

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by EverDaniel, Aug 6, 2018.

1. EverDaniel

EverDaniel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:167694728
    Recently on the CS:GO discussion I found many posts about a "Free Knife/Skin Giveaway!" that told me to go to their website
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    then enter the code "FREE" for 35$ - 50$ in website credit, this sounded like a great deal until it asked for my account username and password. I thought this was weird due to most verified websites just immediately ask me to click "Sign in" under my name and profile picture. Then they said once you have completed this do #GOOD I saw around 500 users of the Steam community doing this which made me take it to the SteamRep community to try and possibly find a way to stop and or warn players of this. I have already seen many players of the Steam community and the SteamRep community already posting warnings and -reps on these posts to warn users of the potential dangers of these scams. I hope that as a community we can attempt to stop this issue.

Here is a list of many of the scammers' accounts and SteamIDs so that you may know who they are.

Kakashonok | STEAM_0:1:178124610

Kate <3 | Unable to find

Happy | STEAM_0:0:430737731

There are most likely many others attempting to re-create this scam but sadly I am unable to get all of their usernames/SteamID's

Screenshot #1

Screenshot #2

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2018
  2. EverDaniel

EverDaniel New User

Steam:
    Update

I have found that the user "Kate :3" has around 72 accounts with the same name and profile picture, all of these accounts are used for scamming and other bad behaviours.

Kate :3 | STEAM_0:1:211247312

Kate :3 | STEAM_0:0:30507826

Kate :3 | STEAM_0:1:59959639

Kate :3 | STEAM_0:0:27091727

Kate :3 | STEAM_0:0:26396414

Kate :3 | STEAM_0:0:44746684

Kate :3 | STEAM_0:0:23302427

Those are a few of them I felt I needed to list.

3. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179643005
    almost all of these free knives or skins adverts are scams. They take comments and steam groups by storm and personally I never trust them which is what you should do. Cause be honest nearly nobody gives away a knife without a string attached. I would go off the saying that "anything that sounds too good to be true, probably is."
  4. EverDaniel

EverDaniel New User

Steam:

That is a very good point said, I just thought I might bring it up one more time adding on to all of the others who have said something.
  5. Simple Realistic

Simple Realistic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:152419574
    • User was warned for this post. Please be respectful to other visitors in this forum.
    You must be a dumbass to fall for these scams
  6. EverDaniel

EverDaniel New User

Steam:

That is a very valid statement but sadly many members of the community are... As stupid as it is the reality is true.
    Simple Realistic likes this.