1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

almost no historical data

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Belbew, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Belbew

Belbew New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61264930
    My account is almost 6 years old and I wanted to look back but the oldest record was from last year. Is there a specific cause that makes this happen? Did I have to be logged into steamrep first?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    For information regarding anything here you need to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to the bottom right.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Belbew

Belbew New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61264930
    ok dood
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Profiles are cached whenever anyone looks them up on steamrep.com. If you don't trade, then this will happen rarely if at all, because SteamRep is primarily used by traders, who are the intended demographic. With the majority of Steam users being non-traders, we don't have the resources or incentive to review daily profile snapshots of everyone in Steam.

Your profile having no recent snapshots in our database is actually a red flag we tell traders to watch out for. If you see someone like that, it generally means they're new to trading. If they seem more experienced or knowledgeable than someone with ~1 month of experience or however old the first snapshot is (not counting one-offs from several years ago), it's a sign the account may have been recently purchased or stolen from a non-trader by someone intending to use the "creation date" for credibility. You should treat accounts like that as if they were "created" on the date of their first consistent profile lookup.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Roudydogg1 likes this.