1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Also traded with scammer. Need advice

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by mj oz, Sep 9, 2013.

1. mj oz

mj oz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20551402
    Similar to the post by Pootis Buddy, I found myself in the position of having traded with a tagged scammer.(76561198068322470)
    Found a trade last night on Trading post (late at night), offered and checked the item on Backpack Examiner but nothing came up. Was added and then traded in a fair way I must say, for a Tavish Degroot.

Went back to Outpost and then find the guy was tagged as a scammer and the item history is with two people tagged. Item 1907791698 is the hat I have now.

I accept I should have seen he was tagged first but too late now. So what should I do now with the item. I cant find any evidence that this hat was scammed. The original guy (76561198062196632) was reported for scamming a different hat.

Is the item now untradeable? How else can I see if the hat was orignally scammed from someone innocent?

Not wanting to risk my rep so looking for advice on best course of action
    is the hat I now have
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    you traded what for that tavish??

And that user has been banned since Aug. 30 on OP... He must have used another account? (ie: link to the trade on OP?)
  3. mj oz

mj oz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20551402
    miami nights medic mirror plus pure. traded from Steam ID 76561198068322470 and with plenty of hours in TF2. Wasnt trade banned in steam and found the trade on tf2 trading post via trade.tf
    The hats info looks ok, but the owners now appear dodgy with the first original owner not banned in outpost, but trade banned in Steam.

thanks for any help