1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

An apology to OBC

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Regen, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regen

Regen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23013129
    After reviewing my actions and the way they negatively affected those of OBC I would like to issue an official and heartfelt apology.
    In the heat of the moment, which was aggravated intensely by personal issues, I performed actions which I realize were not only grossly inappropriate but completely unacceptable for a person of my character and position within the community.
    I did not mean to cause any direct or permanent damage, nor did I intend for any community with which I am associated to suffer for my moment of madness.
    Once again, I sincerely apologize and I would like to assure all of the members of the community that an action like this will not occur again. I recognize that it was completely unprofessional and if needed I will be happy to remove myself from my current positions in order to preserve the reputations of those organizations.
  2. Sneeza™

Sneeza™ TF2 Outpost creator

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:12277347
    Regen is a hard worker and while TF2OP does not in any way condone his actions, we cannot invalidate all of the time and energy he has put in to helping the trade community. Rather than allowing him to resign entirely, we instead would prefer that he take a demotion to moderator instead while he rebuilds his trust within the Steam community.
  3. Rob

Rob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4565259
    Well I for one will never trust him again. Quite frankly I feel a scammer tag is warranted.
    Pretender likes this.
  4. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    I also feel that severe punishment is necessary.
  5. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    I agree with Pretender. Regen didn't scam anyone or do anything remotely related to trading. However, I do believe that a slap on the wrist will not suffice as a suitable punishment.
    Pretender likes this.
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hey guys-- this isn't a matter for SR to get involved in. Admins abusing their past admin privileges is something that may be a concern for future trust relationships, but ultimately it's not trade-related so SteamRep isn't really the best place to have this discussion.

In the minds of many, though, an apology and reorganization was as unexpected as it was welcomed.

I'm going to close this thread and ask that further discussion of TF2OP's admin policies be directed towards their forums where there admins can clarify any questions you may have: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2outpost/discussions/

Thanks for understanding, guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.