1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Any updates on the Privacy Policy?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by BigMac187, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32620293
    I've been told it's in the works for well over a year, is there an update? I'll like to know what personal information is being thrown around from community to community, I've been waiting for a long time.

Some questions.

What information is being passed on from the partners to SteamRep?
    If I was to provide SteamRep with a PayPal screenshot which other communities could potentially see it?
    If i was to provide FoG with a PayPal screenshot is it possible a SteamRep rep will see it?
    Is it possible that if I was to visit a partner community via a ALT could that information be then passed onto SteamRep?
    How does SteamRep archive private information such as bank account screenshots, PayPal screenshots?
    Who has access to this said information?

Your group holds a lot of sensitive information but seems very reluctant to say how you are getting and managing this information.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Sad to see you picking up pitchforks again, BigMac.

We're a tiny nonprofit working purely on volunteer hours, so progress is slow on a lot of fronts. We're working on a published privacy policy, but I don't have a timeline for it. Keep in mind these kind of things are usually very general, and it won't discuss specific scenarios that you describe.

Everyone is aware that you only wish to use it in your obsessive vendetta against this organization. Yet, we do plan to create it for other people's benefit, though.
  3. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Mattie call it what you want, try to discredit me as much as you like but lets not look beyond the facts. SteamRep collects very sensitive information, the way the partnerships work this means that most likely this sensitive information could be shared across different organizations and many of the shared information could contain information from minors.

It doesn't matter if you are nonprofit or profit the fact is your organization is dealing with a lot of sensitive information and you are yet to specify how it is being managed, when you say these things are general that should only apply to websites that are acting as a showcase so to speak and only collecting IP addresses...ect. In the case of SteamRep is goes beyond that as the information you are collecting isn't just the general stuff that will be outlined in a generic Privacy Policy but SteamRep deals with more sensitive information as you request screenshots of PayPal and Bank accounts. By law the handling of this information need to be outlined in a privacy policy, you are acting as a Anti-Fraud company but without outlining your privacy policy you are acting in a fraudulent state. Can you not see the issue with that. Being non profit and you feeling like I have a vendetta doesn't excuse you from real world laws. With the delays I can only assume that the reason for the delays is due to SteamRep acting against real life privacy laws.

Yes I have a vendetta against SteamRep and I have every right to have 1 against SteamRep, I feel it is very evident that SteamRep is acting against the real life privacy laws, I have personally been affected by this system as it has both breached my online privacy rights & ruined my gaming experience for a long time. So if I see injustices with SteamRep I will continue to call them out.
  4. BigMac187

BigMac187 New User

Steam:
    Have a read of this: You will see your organization is acting in a fraudulent state: https://termsfeed.com/blog/coppa

What triggered me the most was when you posted my Nephews account (who is a minor) as an ALT of mine. He logged into his account at my premises and you assumed he was me by default. He then got added and abused by different users, s✿✿✿ like this is the reason these privacy laws exist, you have no right to post his account details and it's against the law.. read through the link. I then requested to have his account details removed from SteamRep page but that request was denied. Look at the facts and understand why myself and many others will have a "vendetta" "raise the pitch forks"
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Upon accusations of a legal nature, it's recommended procedure for our volunteers to cease further discussion on the topic without legal counsel. If you or your representative wishes to contact the organization to discuss this matter, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this forum or the contact form on the OFPF website.

Regards.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.