1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Any way to get further REP on my profile?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince, Oct 27, 2018.

1. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

[ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56717615
    So yes I can certainly believe that +rep comments are total scams after recently running into Steam64: 76561198009067858. I assume they got Hi-Jacked and had a bunch +reps. Unfortunately due to that process being used to impersonate good reputation. My work with computers on other steam players would not be taken seriously.

So I am just wondering if there is something I missed on this site that could help provide concrete proof on it. I already know red flags are going all over this post or even removal. I am not asking to have higher rep. I am just looking for information if there is a way :).
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
  3. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

Steam:
    Right but this counts more for trades and steam related stuff. I actually have used my +REPs on job resumes. I would hate for any employers to think its false because of this issue.
  4. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

Steam:
    I work in computer repair. I have had several steam users that come to me with general computer questions or any issue. I either answered them and guided them through text. Or if willing i would remote to their pc.
  5. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

Steam:
    VAC is due to CSGO custom crosshair. That should answer that for you.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Steam Profile rep postings mean absolutely NOTHING...ZERO.
    even states this on the link already provided to you

What are your intentions with this thread exactly?
  7. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

Steam:
    If there is anyway to get solid rep for my steam on computer repair.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So this thread is for advertising your computer repair work?
    Do I have that right?
  9. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

Steam:
    thread was not to advertise in any shape or form. Just more of trying to get information on where reputation would actually count if I had clients or people looked into my accounts.

"First of all, to be clear: Any Steam Profile "reputation" is useless to gauge their trustworthiness."
    If that is the case I assume I am looking in the wrong place :D.
  10. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

Steam:
    you can lock/delete this thread if that is the case. Thank you for your time.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Just checking as you brought it up 3 times. Profile Rep means nothing - it should never be trusted cause you can clearly go in there and remove the negative posts so you would have nothing but positive results.
    SteamRep isn't a reputation site in any shape or form either.. the results you see here from reports are for informational purposes so users can have an additional tool to use to research with.
    It isn't as if you are looking in the wrong place - you are accumulating legit reputation in the wrong place.

On a side note - anyone allowing anyone else across the net to access their machines is certainly a very VERY bad thing and should never be done!
  12. [ⓅⒸ] Eric Prince

Steam:
    Oh I totally agree and i never offer remote access as the first option. I even hate working from home and on the rare occasion I have to remote in a old customers computer to configure their router. So yeah I am not gaining rep to get trust with remote access. I am getting it to get more reviews regarding technical questions/issues that I have solved for people.