1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 0:1:31294459 - (Ragsock / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Tåget Thomas, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Tåget Thomas

Tåget Thomas Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:31294459
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 0:1:31294459 (Ragsock)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    8 years ago i was hijacked. I tried to make a appeal but in my opinion i didnt get a fair chance to make my case. The mod responded after almost a year, gave me a time window to respond and actually expected me to frequently check steamrep after a year of no response. To answer his question on how i got my account back after getting hijacked: I dont know. I was 12 and tried logging in daily and one day it just worked. So i'm guessing my account was used for the hijack and then given back. I recall contacting the victim about the apparent scam a couple of years back to give back whatever was taken from him but he kindly declined. So now i'm appealing yet again after all these years for a chance to be able to trade in tf2 again. I would love a proper look at the case, and not another 1 year long wait for a response.

Your's kindly, Magnet​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Already appealed and denied, this is your 3rd appeal attempt and after all this time, you still have FAILED to provide any proof of an actual hijacking. This will be your very last appeal attempt for this tagging, you have until the end of the week to provide proof of hijacking, as you were already asked for years ago. Provide exact dates (or as best you can) when you lost and regained access to the account. You Support ticket showing you were hijacked. Inventory history one week before to one week after being hijacked.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  3. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    I looked back in the first thread and noticed that even back then i had no clue how to provide evidence. I literally just tried logging in one day and it worked. I cant seem to find the ancient ticket i wrote either, i think i used a alternative account for it. Any tips on how to prove my innocence? All i can currently provide are screenshots of the trade history.
  4. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    upload_2021-1-6_0-35-50.png
    This is from the trade where i lost my, and the victims inventory. So 7th september 2012 seems to be the exactish date i got hacked.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    Giving the remainder of the week as already noted, I already told you exactly what you need.
  6. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    You keep telling me to provide evidence yet no actual help on how to get that information. How am i supose to get hold of a ticket from 8 years ago?
  7. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    upload_2021-1-6_0-43-35.png

Here's the trade i did with a friend when he gave me some items out of pity. So sep 13 was when i recovered my account.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Read my first post, actually read it.
  9. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    upload_2021-1-6_0-45-50.png
    one week after. ^

upload_2021-1-6_0-46-48.png upload_2021-1-6_0-47-35.png
    the trade that must've been part of the scam ^

upload_2021-1-6_0-48-31.png
    and the rest of the trades 1 week before.
  10. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    upload_2021-1-6_0-59-12.png
    Turns out 12 year old me didn't even create a ticket. I just reported my own account.
  11. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    This is about as far as my evidence goes. I could try to contact the victim again and ask about the events but i doubt he'll remember them. I'd love to provide more evidence but i genuine don't know how at this point. Could Steam/valve themselves provide some form of log-in data from where my account was used? Or has too much time passed?
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have not provided a support ticket, your inventory history does not comply with SRs evidence/screenshot policy, I wont be replying again until you provide it or the week is out.
  13. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    upload_2021-1-6_1-36-4.png
    upload_2021-1-6_1-36-16.png
    upload_2021-1-6_1-37-19.png
    upload_2021-1-6_1-37-36.png

I hope these images will do. As i said, there is no support ticket because i never submitted one even though i thought i did. I didn't know the difference between a report and a ticket back then.
  14. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    upload_2021-1-6_1-48-45.png
    upload_2021-1-6_1-49-8.png
    upload_2021-1-6_1-49-19.png
    upload_2021-1-6_1-49-30.png
    upload_2021-1-6_1-50-41.png
    here are the trades with my steam ID visible in the link above
  15. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    I have contacted steam support in hopes of them having some sort of login data from 2012. Like i said earlier, there was no ticket submitted. Please take it into consideration that i was 12 at the time, english isn't my first language and even the original support said that it probably was a hijacking.
    IMAGE HIDDEN FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  16. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    upload_2021-1-7_17-25-48.png

I have checked my login history but it stops at 2017. This seems to be the only information that could've changed anything but alas. I'll update the thread if they respond with anything useful.
  17. Tåget Thomas

Steam:
    I just checked the inventory off the account that got all the items. He still has some of them.
    This was one of the hats that were stolen from me specificly:
    upload_2021-1-7_18-0-23.png

and here it is in his inventory:
    upload_2021-1-7_18-0-40.png
    This goes for most of the hats stolen, but this one was pretty specific as lime magistrates mullets aren't very common.

I also want to make a point that the moderators and me might've overlooked as well. If i was the scammer (and not the victim of a hijacking) why would i give away my own personal items? Such as my bills hat. Please remember that i was also a vicitim in this incident as i lost all my items and hats. I think this is the best evidence i can provide currently, as steam does not keep login records from 2012.
  18. You Are The One

Steam:
    Once again, no indication of a hijacking was provided by you in your defense, not during your original appeal and not today, no further appeals will be entertained since you already appealed and were denied. Any additional submitted appeals will result in loss of posting privileges in the appeal section.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**