1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561197960269501 - (PanzerKnackers / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by PanzerKnackers, Oct 19, 2017.

1. PanzerKnackers

PanzerKnackers Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1886
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197960269501 (PanzerKnackers)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Other] Another reason (Not commonly accepted)
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    User contacted me first, offering item trades for cash, I was immediately suspicious. When payment was made, the user made a steam trade. I was notified via steam that the user had multiple reports on his account for trade issues.

After researching his account on SteamRep, I found his account (One associated with his) was banned for a similar scam.

I decided to have a bit of fun with him, seeing as how I was convinced he was trying to scam me. I intentionally deceived him for my own amusement (I understand this is against steamreps policy), but I had no intention of actually keeping his paypal transfer of 20USD, as he could easily request a refund, but I figured I would at least try to waste some of his time.

I pressured the user to admit his guilt in trying to scam me in exchange for his refund, but he continued to deny it. He then posted on steamrep where I immediately admitted to having his transaction, and offering it to a previously reported victim of the user, or to refund the payment where appropriate. (I still assumed the transaction would be reversed, but I figured I might as well offer my own money just as some sort of symbol for justice in this matter)

The administrator approved my ban because I admitted guilt, which is totally understandable, so I have cut my losses, refunded the payment, and ask that this ban be overturned for a transaction that was held for less than an hour.

If you would like FULL steam chat logs, I will provide those upon request. Attached are screenshots of my paypal overview, the refund expanded, and a steam chat excerpt stating to user that I provided refund.

I appreciate the time you take to read this, and thank you. Please feel free to contact me if you require additional clarification.
    -Justin / PanzerKnackers

View attachment 612333 View attachment 612334 View attachment 612335

Attached Files:

2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Sorry, SR by policy does not grant RWC (real world currency) related offenses. In addition, we do not condone defrauding fraudsters, right or wrong. I do concede the circumstances in this particular case may warrant further consideration at a later time, doing so prematurely would send a very wrong message that this is somehow acceptable. I will allow a second appeal for reconsideration down the road, pending no more issues, and I mean NO more issues.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**