1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Archived Appeal: 76561197960276791 - (Ex / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Ex-, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex-

Ex- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5531
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561197960276791 (Ex)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    Before I start, I apologize if this is in the wrong format since I searched for a while and could only find the edited comment stating that it had been removed however I wasn't sure if that was out of date etc. Please simply comment with the correct Format and I will edit accordingly. Thanks for your time to read this Appeal.
    -----

Hello, So I registered on source OP and made an introductory thread as seen here: http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/165887-Hello-SourceOP?p=1661088

Since creating the thread I was confronted by a member and moderator about my steam profile being private, I reply that's not against forum rules to be private unless you're in the trading forums and trading.

As you can see I have been banned and I do not know of any rules I have broken.
    The forums rules stated here: http://forums.sourceop.com/misc.php?do=vsarules do not show that you need a minimum steam level or 8 nor does it show that you must have a public profile.
    However, under the trading rules it does. As seen here: http://forums.sourceop.com/misc.php?do=vsarules by changing the "More Rules" option to "Trading" Since these are trading rules I assume these only apply if you're actively using the trade forums and are actually trading, whereas I was a not.

I had been idling all my games to try and get trade cards so I can level up to steam 8, then was also going to create another steam account so that I can play with IRL friends on there and can make this one public.

The ban on the site shows as permanent. However, under the infractions section of the thread linked above it states that you will receive an infraction for any of the below;

-Being a jerk
    -Inappropriate Language
    -Insulting Other Member(s)
    -Spamming Threads/Posts
    -Signature/Avatar/Picture Abuse
    -Anti-bump Avoidance
    -Shitposting
    -Trading With Obvious Steam Alt
    -Instigating/Perpetuating A Flame Thread
    -Abusing Post Report System
    Additionally, 30 infraction points will lead to a one week ban, 50 points to a month long ban, and 20 total infractions (any point value) will result in a permanent ban. Some infractions expire after a cretin amount of time, others don't. Receiving multiple active infractions of the same type extend how long the infractions last.

of which I didn't do any to my current knowledge. I am willing to talk to the banning Admin and will also accept them on steam to view my profile as I am currently not going to make it public due to real life friends etc and stated in the thread on SourceOP.

Yours Sincerely, Ex-​
  2. Ex-

Ex- New User

Steam:
    Since I seem to be unable to edit my original post I must add that I had chosen "Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends" however I honestly wasn't too sure what to select due to the I guess "Uncommon" circumstances of this ban.
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    You aren't currently tagged as anything on steamrep.
  4. Ex-

Ex- New User

Steam:
    That doesn't change the fact I am banned on SOP. Can only assume tags are applied in waves or are not instant.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Your SOP ban is unrelated to SR. Tags displayed on SR are ONLY for fraud related issues.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.