1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561197973334116 - (Kaliam / AF2 CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Kaliam, May 17, 2016.

1. Kaliam

Kaliam New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6534194
    Appeal for AF2 CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561197973334116 (Kaliam)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    Well... This is a weird one.

I'll give a short version of a long story first.

This is super old, as you can see.

I spent a brief period of my life hard on cash and in a crazy situation where I was unemployed and found out you could trade hats on TF2 and make paypal sales. Long story short, I put in over 1k hours over a very short period, fell in love with a community, and grinded hard.

I had a lot of friends, a lot of rep, and rubbed shoulders with only one or two people.
    I was very trusting, and had a ton of people who would vouch for me, but I was way too aloof about things.
    I ended up getting scammed by some kid on a ref trade worth over $150, and posted a few places trying to get advice.

I appealed to Paypal, but the other party was willing to go legal as the person who committed the offense on their end had been a minor and the mother (who was the one allegedly dealing with Paypal on the other end) pushed saying she was the only party responsible, I couldn't take action against a minor, and she would fight me to the end.

I was absolutely CORRECT, but being unemployed and doing this for rent money, I was defeated, posted a really really heartbroken retirement post, and left the trading scene.

I stayed active on Steam gaming for quite some while afterwards, but stayed completely out of all types of trading after I had cashed out in a totally legitimate BP sale which was finalized without any problems. All I kept were trash they didnt want, and 10 refined in case I ever wanted to get back in the game (which I did not).

Later, I was told I had people impersonating me in TF2 trading, but I frankly had an incredible bitter taste in my mouth about it and didn't give a s✿✿✿.
    My profile in and of itself was NEVER a part of any type of scam, toxic behaviour, or any childish garbage like that. It's over a decade old.

Shortly after this, my PC went defunct for over 3 years, and I stopped gaming all together.

This past December, I got a new PC, started playing games again, started playing CS:GO with a couple friends, and started trying to trade skins and cards and such.... Now I've run into a situation where this bogus scam report is blocking me from using a card exchange.
    That's ridiculous.

Just wanted to see what I can get done about this.

I don't know what proof I can provide, due to the circumstances, but even if you spend time googling, you can see that it's bogus, and the only report filed is vague and extremely confident with no proof. I wouldn't ever, and didn't ever scam.​
  2. Kaliam

Kaliam New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6534194
    Just curious the ETA of the response on something like this.

I would be happy to follow up with anything I can do to help the process.

Thanks
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Archiving, please appeal using the legacy appeal system as shown above.