1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Appeal: 76561197974535248 - (Repulse / BANNED BY ASBO)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Repulse96, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Repulse96

Repulse96 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:7134760
    Appeal for BANNED BY ASBO

Steam profile: 76561197974535248 (Repulse)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None.​

Appeal description:
    So let's just start off with the fact that I haven't played Team Fortress 2 in around two years, "402 days" would be an understatement. I'm not appealing as a guilty person, but as an indirect victim of misunderstanding.

Just a couple days ago I went back into TF2 because I didn't really have much to do, and saw the Jungle Inferno update came out, so I was interested to check it out for a while.

When I tried to join a community server, I got instantly banned while in the loading screen, with a ban message saying I am a reported scammer, in that same ban message it said to check the SteamRep, this had me worried thinking my account was compromised because I've never scammed anyone, not even when I was playing TF2.

I must admit I was a little confused when I found I was banned and had my brother's account marked as 'my alt' with no evidence as to how that could be true.

Yesterday I asked him about it and it turns out one of the admins thought my account was my brother's alternate account, he told me he tried to convince the admin that it wasn't the case, but the admin didn't seem to believe him, I can't give an exact date, but I only know this happened a year and a month ago.

I can understand why my brother didn't tell me until I asked him yesterday, since he knew I couldn't have cared less about the game over a year ago, because I was bored of TF2 at the time.

Thank you for taking the time to read this appeal,
    Repulse.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663