1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561197975559473 - (Strix / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Strix06, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Strix06

Strix06 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:7646872
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197975559473 (Strix)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    Dear steamrep,

Today I have been banned from steamrep. This happened because I tried to report a scam a few days ago. The admin who checked out the report told me there was too little evidence to ban the guy form steamrep. However, he saw my 'pending' report after from 5 years ago and decided to ban me on steamrep for this. This is genuinely unreasonable.

I live with my parents, and my little brother has no PC. He really liked CS though and always watched youtube videos about it. He decided to go scam some people after watching a youtube video about how to do it on my PC. Keep in mind, this happened 5 years ago.

First of all, if I was still a scammer today, why the hell would I report someone trying to scam me of my hard earned knife? Which I paid with my own money btw. Second, why should I get banned now of steamrep for an offense that my brother commited 5 years ago?
    Third, if you check out my account you can see that a lot of people wanted to trade with me. I trade a lot. I have over 1500 completed trades and I am a genuine trustable trader.

Why would I want to destroy my own status like this? I was just trying to report a scammer and got punished very hard for it.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Denied.
    • Buying/selling/trading/lending or any other transfer of ownership of a steam account does not negate a banned tag nor are you able to appeal for the account.