1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561197983914765 - (SasukeBowser216 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by SasukeBowser216, Jul 10, 2014.

1. SasukeBowser216

SasukeBowser216 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11824518
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197983914765 (SasukeBowser216)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I was pretty immature back in the day, and tried to scam people by impersonating them. I was 17 years old then, I'm 19 now. I got what I deserved, and I was labeled a scammer. I feel like I have grown up and matured, and wish to remove my name from this site. I have no evidence or proof that I have changed, but I am deeply and truly sorry for what I had done in the past/tried to do. I can't turn back time, but I do wish to offer any repayment for whom I may have scammed in the past.

Thanks in advance,

SasukeBowser​
  2. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    PS. I don't think any of my scams ever worked, as I was caught by a Middleman here and they used a honey pot link against me and so the scam didn't work. I only attempted to scam once and that was the only time that happened. So as for repayment I feel I don't need to since the scam didn't work out, but I may not remember details correctly and I was young; if I do need to repay someone I have no problem doing so.
  3. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    PSS. I messed up the appeal. I have made a new one, please invalidate this one and use the newest appeal as the proper one.
  4. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    PSS: for Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses please change this to Appeal Plea: I am guilty of the offense.
  5. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    Here's a final summary of what's going on plus all the fixes:

Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197983914765 (SasukeBowser216)
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983914765
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197983914765

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I was pretty immature back in the day, and tried to scam people by impersonating them. I was 17 years old then, I'm 19 now. I got what I deserved, and I was labeled a scammer. I feel like I have grown up and matured, and wish to remove my name from this site. I have no evidence or proof that I have changed, but I am deeply and truly sorry for what I had done in the past/tried to do. I can't turn back time, but if there is anything I can do to help the community please let me know.

Please note that I have made a thread previously here: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561197983914765-sasukebowser216-banned-by-sr.70452/

but it contained many errors and I also realized that some of the things I said were contradictory, as I "attempted" to scam someone, and not actually scammed someone.

Basically, my first offense was a year or two ago. I was immature, and didn't understand the value of money, and I attempted to scam someone by impersonating a middle man. I didn't think much of it; I clicked on a link somehow and got reported as a scammer, but I didn't know it at the time. I tried to recently make a bet on DOTA2LOUNGE, and realize that, I can't because of what happened. I totally forgot about it until I thought hard and long about why something like that could occur. I felt really dumb, and even now I feel really stupid for what I have done. After working two jobs, I've understood the value of money and if someone were to try to do something like that to me, I would be pretty pissed off.

So yeah, those were the reasons why I wanted to appeal my ban. I was wondering if you could oversee it. I posted a comment on Steam, and I've obviously sent you a message here. I understand that you're all like busy. So there's no rush at all. I'll check this thread out if there's any replies, if not, I'll just bump it up periodically every 3 months, as I do feel the punishment was unfair slightly. I think the user who did this was AcesGamer or something, and he seemed really rude. If the consequences were explained to me rather than baiting me into a honeypot link, I think that would have been helped me understand how dire the situation was.

Thanks in advance,

SasukeBowser
  6. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    PSS. It's not proof of anything but here is some trade history from my account to show I am active in trading. I just mainly want to start betting on dota2lounge lol

http://imgur.com/yhgJ5yJ,4fNi0Aj,xbIqM1N
  7. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    Hi, it's been almost a year now and I wanted an update in regards to my appeal. Just to re-iterate, I have admitted to attempting to scam but failing to do so, and being caught by some honeypot link by a corrupt SteamRep admin who does not work there anymore apparently.

I think it's kind of corrupt and unfair to those who are young and first time offenders to be punished in the future for betting on Dota2Lounge or losing all future reputability just because I was stupid in the past.

Any updates as to this would be great.

Thanks,

SasukeBowser216
  8. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    Still waiting for an update on this it's been about 3 years. Not sure what other evidence I need here.

Thanks.
  9. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    These are the requested trading inventory images.

Attached Files:

10. SasukeBowser216

Steam:
    Added screenshots from steam.

Attached Files:

11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Impersonation is a premeditated act that takes preparation/planning, giving you ample opportunity to re-think your choices. Furthermore, additional information suggest you may have lied to other community admins about your actions, I cannot grant your appeal under such circumstances. Saying that, the origin of your tag and the surviving evidence only shows you impersonated, and no clear intent, lack by today's evidence standards. This is basically a coin flip now and I'm always going to give the user the benefit of the doubt. You will be given an exceedingly rare second chance by having your tag downgraded to a caution (will not be appeal-able), if you commit any additional offenses, a banned tag will be re-issued w/o the possibility of any additional appeals. Furthermore, if we find out you lied, tag will be reissued w/o possibility to appeal it again either. I cannot stress what an edge case this was and how lucky you are to escape with just a caution tag. Do not waste such a gift.

Downgraded to caution.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**