1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561197997150514 - (PTDoors / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by fs_pt, Jul 9, 2017.

1. fs_pt

fs_pt Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18442393
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197997150514 (PTDoors)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: mir
    | steam3ID: [U:1:135908353]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:67954176
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198096174081
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198096174081

Little brother's account (F2P)
    | steamname: = ocu = Banjo
    | steam3ID: [U:1:116268997]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:58134498
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076534725
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198076534725

Appeal description:
    After talking with some SR admins, I decided to post my APPEAL REVIEW. It is from a MCT legacy ban. The ban was initially a MCT tag issued 1709 days ago according to my steamrep profile. Since the community is now defunct, I appealed and have now a MCT legacy ban. I would like to explain the situation.
    It was a 1 key bet (spycrab) a few years ago on an unusual trade server (Pink Taco´s), in which I immediately tried to repay the bet after the offense. I wanna point out that I was a child at the time. I appealed on MCT website back then and got a response from a MCT admin that it would be reduced to a caution tag if I had paid the victim back, who eventually blocked me meanwhile (I tried to explain this dozens of times in the server, as I couldn't post in MCT websites anymore and got no response, probably because my english was not very fluent at the time this happened and due to my age). Eventually, as I was banned from several websites like outpost etc, I made the stupid decision of creating an alt account (I posted the info on the box), to get to trading again. That account got banned as well and eventually I gave up, sold and gave away my items and quit trading for quite some time.
    I got back to steam a while back now and wanted to see now, as I'm way more mature, if I could explain what happened, as a young adult. This situation upsets me because if i got the caution tag at the time, which is what should've really happened, my reputation would be clean now, because, in most cases, there are no tags for people who had cautions in defunct communities, so I think it was a bit of an excessive punishment, in part due to my age and immaturity. I spoke with some former MCT admins asking for help/advice on my situation and some of them understood my case and are now more than willing to cooperate and post on this review (one of them is Brian, who will post soon here).

1. I understand that legacy bans are not supposed to be appealed, but after talking with some steamrep and other admins, I thought I'd post an appeal review here, even though I never made an appeal on SR (only on MCT).
    2. I apologize for taking so long to open this thread. It was really a matter of life circumstances (I grew up and wanted to solve things with another level of maturity).
    3. I do not know the victim's name. If I ever find out about that person, I'm more than happy to pay the key (I'd need help to find him/her as it was several years ago).
    4. I'm more than happy to give any additinal info you guys need and wait untill the research work is done.​
  2. Brian [MCT]

Brian [MCT] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40717919
    Hi everyone,

I'm a former MCT admin that was around when PTDoor was banned (although I wasn't the one who banned him). I've also been talking to him for the past months in order to try to gather evidence for his appeal case. Unfortunately, the former MCT website (and its data) are no longer accessible and thus there is no documented evidence of the ban. However, I do remember (though it was almost 5 years ago so the details are somewhat hazy) that PTDoors was banned for a minor offense and that he contacted one of the admins in order to try to set things straight. When PTDoors contacted me a few months ago about appealing his MCT legacy ban, the first thing he asked was whether we still had the records of his ban so he could try to make things right again with the offended party. Even though the MCT website and data were gone so nothing could be done about the issue of reparations, this is no fault on PTDoor's part (but rather on the MCT community). Given PTDoor's apologetic attitude and intent to make things right both at the time of the offense and over the past few months, I believe that PTDoors has had a change of heart and will never scam again. This fact, combined with the long time since the ban and the low severity of the offense, makes me believe that PTDoors should be unbanned and given a second chance.

- Brian [MCT]
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    As you pointed out yourself; Legacy appeal decisions are not appealable, appeal review policy is meant for regular appeals. You had a very long period to contest the original tagging with the community who tagged you (Not exercising an appeal with the comm or if the comm failed to act upon it, not bringing it up with SR at the time is not an extenuating circumstance for us to reconsider, partly why we left existing appeal threads for defunct tags stand when we swapped over to the legacy system). You are not arguing the merits of the original tagging itself, you agree with what you were tagged for. The whole reason for legacy tags are for situations like yours, the legacy system worked as intended thus nothing more we can/will do pending any future policy adjustments to the legacy system.

Archiving.